Just Passed A+

systempsychesystempsyche Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
yay,

recently passed my A+ 601 now got 602 & 601 which makes me PC Technician,
I found the 601 essentials harder than the 602 technician, but hey a pass is a pass. I used pearson vue at QA-IQ UK, I signed upto Comptia for a year and you get 25% off each certification exam price, which is why im going for the network+ and security+ before the end of this year.

Once you get into reading your certification books you get hooked on IT (well i do) in a big way, I was using mike meyers books i bought from amazon, they're quite good especially for newbies as they go in depth.

Next step is the Network+ icon_lol.gif
knowledge is power

Comments

• BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass, that is a nice reason to celebrate this weekend :)
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    Congrats, nice job !
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    I found the 601 essentials harder than the 602 technician
    congrats, I noticed the same thing when I took the A+ with some of the same questions from 601 showing up on the 602
    WIP: IPS exam
  • ShawnSmithShawnSmith Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, and goodluck with you're Network+ and Security+ in the future. :)
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Congrats, good luck on the Net+
    Dustin Leefers
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    good work, best of luck with net+ icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • perosperos Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Way to go. It is good to hear how this was for you. I am new to computers and am studding to take my A+. I am using the Meyers book and find it well written for someone like me with little experience. If you are going on to Net+ and Sec+ then try the Test-out series. It is really helping me and my boyfriend used it for all of his. It is a video training series like the CBT-Nuggets. He liked it better though. I like it for the simulations and practice labs. Anyway he got his A+, Net+, Sec+, Sever+, iNet+, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CISSP and a few others. The video training and the books are what got him through.
    Best of luck in the future and congrats.
  • raiedraied Member Posts: 93 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Congrats! You are right about certs being addictive, good luck on the next one.