Passed Today...WooHoo!!!!

PSUalumPSUalum Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Sat the exam today and passed with 85 percent. Not what I was hoping to score, but hell, they don't stick the score on the certification. Anyway, from the previous scores I've seen, this is not too bad at all.

:D Well, I will tell you I got a ton of SCSI related questions, especially with mixing older and newer SCSI technology. Along the same lines, be prepared for lots of RAID questions, however, all my questions were on the most commonly used RAID levels in use today. Make sure you intimately know RAID 0,1,3,5, and 0+1. Didn't see any other RAID levels on the exam.

Other than disk and disk redundancy, there were other topics with which I was hit with a number of questions. This exam tested me pretty heavy in prepping the server environment (power and network availability, etc.). Know the three different backup types forward and backward. I think I had three or four questions concerning restore scenarios alone.

The question format I received was probably 60 percent with a single correct answer and the remainder were multiple correct answers. All in all, it wasn't too bad of an exam, if you study and use common sense.

I did not use as many study guides as others in this forum. Trevor Kay's Server+ Bible was a good read and the primary source for exam prep. I also downloaded some Internet articles I researched and relied on 15+ years experience in the industry.

Well, I guess that's my two cents on this cert. Onward to CCNA.

Cheers!

Comments

• RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Most excellent icon_smile.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Excellent score! Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • rcooprcoop Member Posts: 183
    Congrats PSUalum! And thanks for the great feedback on the exam. Definitely helps on the review.
    Working on MCTS:SQL Server 2005 (70-431) & Server+
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    congrats and good luck on the CCNA...
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • bjuarbebjuarbe Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im starting to study for SERVER+.
    Im using a Exam Prep Server+ book and cramsession guide.
    What else will be useful in my studies?
    SCSI and Raid...Sigh::::
    So much to remember. Any good resources for this?
    Any and all help is appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Theres JUSToneBOBBY!
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    You can see my comment on study guides here if you haven't already seen it.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2459
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Alright Good job! :D:D:D:D
  • lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    Congrats
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?