Passed 747 - MCSA Today!

deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
I passed the 70-291 with a 747 and got my MCSA today!

When I arrived, the manager asked me what test I was taking. When I told him 291, he said "Oh! The widow maker!" On techexams.net we all call it the beast, and a beast it was! This test was hard! I have always felt that DNS was one of my stronger points, but there were a bunch of very complex DNS questions, and it turned out to be my lowest scored section of the exam. Know DNS inside and out!

The test took me about 3 hours. I got one sim and it did not work, I tried literally clicking everything, but I knew I needed the DNS console and nothing loaded in the sim. I skipped the question and went back and was still unable to get anything to work. I was pretty confident that I would get this question right. So, I talked to the manager and showed them that the question was not working. They called Prometric and tried to troubleshoot the problem. I told them that I didn't want to take this test again and that if it meant taking the test again, they should just go ahead and score the test and I'd take my chances. In the back of my mind, I knew if I was close and failed that I could probably argue for a retake voucher.

While on the phone with tech support, the local tech was told to click end exam. The exam ended and all heck broke loose - the tech support guy either hung-up or was disconnected. The local tech went back to talk to the manager and they tried to raise Prometric on the phone again. In the meantime, I just decided to click 'don't take survey' and go to my score, since the test was done. Now, I was pretty sure that I'd get a voucher if I failed. The score showed up as 747 even with the unanswered sim (which may have been part of why my DNS section showed so low). I walked into the back and told them that it didn't matter to me what happened since I passed the exam. They said that they had been having some problems with the testing software and they were still going to try and work on it, which was fine by me. I took my score and left.
There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think Prometric is perpetually having problems with the testing software. Sorry to hear about your difficulties.

Congratulations on the pass and the MCSA icon_cheers.gif
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. What a nightmare that must have been. :)
  • baconfacebaconface Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice job deneb! icon_thumright.gif
    Where have you been lately? Haven't heard from you in ages. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • tonydotigrtonydotigr Member Posts: 129
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    deneb829 wrote:
    I got one sim and it did not work, I tried literally clicking everything, but I knew I needed the DNS console and nothing loaded in the sim.
    A lot of that going around.

It's a travesty that MS keeps them as an exclusive test provider. They weren't ready for it. Must have had a great sales pitch.
  • kahnkahn Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    great mate! Congratulations for your MCSA.
    keep up the good work
    Cheers
  • deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Nice job deneb! icon_thumright.gif
    Where have you been lately? Haven't heard from you in ages. :)

Thanks! (to everyone) Certification-wise it's been hard to say. I think I have just been avoiding this one from everything I've heard. I start studying for awhile and never make a test date. I finally set a date for 6/13 and still didn't study enough, so I changed it to 6/20 and finally went to take it. I am hoping that I am not as resistant to the 293/294 exams icon_rolleyes.gif
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats on your MCSA!
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)