Exam 70-621 Question

CeEe4CeEe4 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone

I currently am a MCDST and i am studying towards 70-270 and eventually i would like to get an MCSA.

Recently i have noticed that there is this 70-261 exam that will upgrade my MCDST to an MCITP which will mean i am capaple on both XP and Vista.

What i wanted to know is if there are any reccomended exam guides for the 70-261 exam, or would i be able to get the information needed for the exam from the 70-260 & 70-262 exam guides.

Or would it be possible to take the exam with no revision as Vista is not that different to XP and already being an MCDST it shouldnt be to bad.

Thanks for your help...

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It looks like you're going to be stuck with using a combination of 620 and 622 resources. MS Press doesn't typically do upgrade books, but sometimes other publishers will (I haven't seen any for 621 though)

Also, remember that 621 will fulfill any 620 requirement as well.

P.S. You got a bit dyslexic with your exam numbers. They're 62X, not 26X ;)
  • CeEe4CeEe4 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your reply, So ill be best getting the books for 70-620 & 70-622 then.

Yeah i just noticed i got the numbers mixed up,lol. I was thinking about the 70-271 & 70-272.
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    CeEe4 wrote:
    Thanks for your reply, So ill be best getting the books for 70-620 & 70-622 then.
    Im just starting this one right now too, and I'm going to start with just the 622 book.
  • bogdan5bogdan5 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have 621 on the 30th and to be honest it's very hard for me to get motivated. I got 620 and 622 books and I also got other books for the local library. "Vista inside out" and couple other books that talk about group policy. It's a good way to fill in your gaps on any topics you are not really sure off.

Dynamic, do you ever leave your computer or you accessing this page on a phone? Seems like you are here 24/7 :D
    Going for:N+, MCSA/MCSE.
  • bogdan5bogdan5 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CeEe4 wrote:
    I currently am a MCDST and i am studying towards 70-270 and eventually i would like to get an MCSA.

Also, make sure you take 70-270 as soon as possible. A lot of material from 70-271 overlaps 70-270 and it makes it easier to take the exam while 271 material is still fresh in your memory. At least it was easier for me. I went through 270 book in about a week and I did pass with 853.
    Going for:N+, MCSA/MCSE.