Options

I need to pass 70-270, Help!!!

samsesssamsess Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,
I take my xp exam next week. Been working with Win 2000 for few years in desktop support environment. Been using Exam Cram to study 70-270, then moved to microsoft training kit, I have a few nuggets as well.
When i practice exam questions, I still get qustions i have no clue about, i have 5 days left.
In the last week, is it better to study the books or go through questions untill the exam?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You need to figure out what your weak areas are and why. Are you just forgetting material that's in the books/CBTs or have you never come across it before? Go back to your resources if you're not retaining that material or use Technet or google to research the new material.

Is there a reason you need to take the exam so soon? You should consider pushing it back a week or two if you're still feeling shaky.
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    dynamik wrote:
    Is there a reason you need to take the exam so soon? You should consider pushing it back a week or two if you're still feeling shaky.

+1, reschedule it a week or two so you have time to prepare. If your seeing things you having seen before I would do this unless you can devote the 5 days to study.

Have you setup a lab and practiced the various things, sysprep, unattended installs, backups etc??
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    Hi,
    i think its the way the long questions are set out to throw you a little. I have been trying to set the a date for over a year, I set this date back in april 08. I guess I want to put this behind me, if not i'll know what to expect to nail it next time. i was able to take advantage of the second shot. From what I have studied has made my job much easier.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, that's what the real exam is like as well.

Did you already do your first attempt? You had to do that by the end of May and then make your second attempt by the end of June. You're not going to get a free retake if this is your first attempt.
  • Options
    I havnt taken the exam yet. I'm becoming to realise that I may not be able to take the second shot. The lady at prosoft hadnt made that clear, she asked if i had a voucher for second shot and allowed me to set 28th June as my first attempt. Thanks for making that clear for me.
    I'm going to see how I am next few days and re-schedule if i need to.
    Any idea what the rules are for doing that?
  • Options
    I keep hearing about the Transcender questions being good practice. How can i get this?
  • Options
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    samsess wrote:
    I'm going to see how I am next few days and re-schedule if i need to.
    Any idea what the rules are for doing that?
    Any rescheduling must be done at least 24 hours before the exam. No charge and you have 12 months to write the test from the original date.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I'll let you guys know how i get on.
    This forum is fantastic.
  • Options
    I've decided to go for the exam. I feel comfortable with the Transcender question.
    Any chance you guys and gals know the ansers to these questions about the exam?
    How many questions are there in the 70-270 exam?
    How come people are coming out with scores in the 100's?
    what is the pass mark?
    How are they calculating this?
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    samsess wrote:
    I've decided to go for the exam. I feel comfortable with the Transcender question.
    Any chance you guys and gals know the ansers to these questions about the exam?
    How many questions are there in the 70-270 exam?
    How come people are coming out with scores in the 100's?
    what is the pass mark?
    How are they calculating this?

Don't waste your energy worrying about this. As long as you have mastered the material you have nothing to worry about
  • Options
    I failed, I started well and thought i was going to nail it, but nose dived toward the end. Hopefully go for it again next week. My weakness points are security and network protocols and services.

70-290 will have to wait a little longer I guess.
  • Options
    mackfreddiemackfreddie Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ok, I studied everyday.
    took practice exams from Preplogic, bought a book,
    went to a class for it and still...I failed.
    Hardly any of the material in the class, practice exams, and books were on the exam.
    So, what's a geek to do?
    What are the books and practice exams that do cover all of the exam material???
    Please help. Don't wanna fail again.

-Mack Freddie