70-284 books

baconfacebaconface Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've just started on the 70-284 course. I went out and bought the MS Press book from Amazon, although the reviews on the website paint the book in a bad light I still went out and bought it I figured that if I've managed to get by 3 exams by using the press books this one should help me too.

However I'm now on chapter 2 and so far some of the exercises don't feel right. For example, one exercise is to perform an unattended install, but when I carry out the exercise it doesn't create the .ini file.

What materials did you use to pass the 284 exam? I've got the resouces sticky topic bookmarked as a reference already but I like to learn from books instead and use links as supplemental information.

Thanks

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I really liked the Sybex book. I used this and CBT Nuggets.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • 1MeanAdmin1MeanAdmin Member Posts: 157
    I could barely finish the MS Press book - its boring, way too repetitive on some things, doesn't explain how features work (only what they are), no steps how to perform certain important actions.
    Then I finished the Sybex book and the difference is HUGE. It has everything and is well organized.
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    I used ExamCram, and it was what I was looking for - a quick brushup. But I supported Exchange 2003 for Microsoft, so I don't recommend it to anymore who needs a comprehensive book on the product to gear up for an exam.

The Transcender for the exam was quite good, too.
    Good luck to all!
  • jasonbochejasonboche Member Posts: 167
    I'm using the Trainsignal video plus the Sybex book to supplement. The Sybex book got GREAT reviews on Amazon while the MS Press book got terrible reviews.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+