Passed 70-620 "Microsoft die Slowly"

lmxlmx Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
pass the exam 70-620 if and now I have just found out that microsoft launch the new windows 7 for the 2009 microsoft you this returning a headache. I had never seen an operating system that changed so many times. I am beginning to look at other alternatives in the field IT because microsoft each you see it is more friendly in the technical aspect for the common user, what leaves us little by little without a good offer and it demands in the field IT for products of MICROSOFT.

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    First congrats on passing the exam.

Now onto my soapbox. I wish everyone would stop complaining about Windows 7. First, who knows for sure when it is going to be released. I have seen a range of dates from 2009 to 2011. I have quit paying attention. Look at the timeline in this wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_windows#32-bit_operating_systems The 5.5 years between Windows XP and Vista were a fluke. MS tries to release a new version every couple of years. windows 2000 released in Feb 2000 with XP in Oct 2001. At least they have staggered the release of the client and the server versions, so we are not getting hit with everything at once.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • ThiassiThiassi Member Posts: 167
    lmx wrote:
    pass the exam 70-620 if and now I have just found out that microsoft launch the new windows 7 for the 2009 microsoft you this returning a headache. I had never seen an operating system that changed so many times. I am beginning to look at other alternatives in the field IT because microsoft each you see it is more friendly in the technical aspect for the common user, what leaves us little by little without a good offer and it demands in the field IT for products of MICROSOFT.

Congrats. :)

ajs1976 wrote:
    Now onto my soapbox. I wish everyone would stop complaining about Windows 7. First, who knows for sure when it is going to be released. I have seen a range of dates from 2009 to 2011. I have quit paying attention. Look at the timeline in this wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_windows#32-bit_operating_systems The 5.5 years between Windows XP and Vista were a fluke. MS tries to release a new version every couple of years. windows 2000 released in Feb 2000 with XP in Oct 2001. At least they have staggered the release of the client and the server versions, so we are not getting hit with everything at once.

+1

And where has a majority of this come from? The "I write fiction and claim it as fact" bloggers, who really don't know squat.
    ~Thiassi
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif

+2 to ajs1976

I'm not sure why you think we're going to be out of work. Both the server and client OSes are getting more complex with each iteration. Fancy glass effects don't mean we're going to be out of a job. Sure, it may be easier to do things like connect to a WAP, but there are also new things like meeting spaces that you will need to educate your users about as well as troubleshoot. Also, as you add more features to the client side, the server side will also have to become more complicated and complex in order to accommodate those features.
  • whistlerwhistler Member Posts: 108
    One thing to remember Windows 7(or whatever it is called) will look more like Vista than XP. So having your MSTS or MSITP in either consumer or enterprise Vista isn't going to hurt in the future.

By the way congratulations.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    People have resented new operating systems since the beginning of time.
    Oh cool a replacement for my PDP-11.

The "VAX" - I like the name, it sounds cool, much better than PDP-11.

What do you mean it runs something called VMS that's backwards compatible only with RSX-11? But my PDP-11 runs RSTS and I don't want to learn anything new or recompile my apps.

VMS sucks! RSTS forever!
    Software companies will always come up with something new - they want to make money. Most of the world will be slow to adopt. This is reality and comes with the job.

And definitely congratulations on the pass. icon_cool.gif
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    Congrats on the pass.

Other than your feelings towards Microsoft in general, what can you tell me about your study process? How long did you spend and what materials did you use? Your past experiance is also helpful to know. I am planning on taking the exam very soon. I am using the Microsoft Press book and have some experiance directly with the OS and lots of Microsoft experience. I don't plan on it taking me too long but it is nice to hear the opinions of those who have recently passed the exam. I am also curious as to what format you took.

Lots of questions, I hope you don't mind.

Ed
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass!!!
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    lmx wrote:

Vista may be easier to use for the common end user but if you are a sys admin it has a lot more options available it seems. Just look at the Windows firewall, more group policy options, the imaging options in Vista, and some of the new repair options and you will see that there is more to it then one might think. If you want to get into a part of IT that will always have a steep learning curve there is always Unix, BSD, and Linux.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2