exam in 2 weeks - any tips

gibbon_mastergibbon_master Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
got my exam 70-291 in 2 weeks any thing to look out for?

what are the sim's like?

Comments

• gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do some practice exams to see what you could use work on. Then dedicate appropriate study time for those subjects. Look over the Objectives to make sure you havent missed anything.

Sims can be based on any objective and usually involve implementation or troubleshooting
  • gibbon_mastergibbon_master Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nice one thanks
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    DNS , subnetting (In respect of DCHP etc)

These are possibly the two areas most people mention the get on the exam so I would make sure you are 100% on them.

Good Luck!
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    And WSUS because it's not covered well in most training materials.

If you've gone through the exercises in the MS Press book or whichever book you're using, the sims shouldn't be a problem. Mine was ridiculously easy, but I would have struggled if I hadn't done it before.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Just make sure you've done some hands-on with DHCP, DNS and WSUS and you should be fine. The sims are nothing to worry about, it is the RRAS and DNS questions that are going to pummel you good.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • vsmith3rdvsmith3rd Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The study guide is still the best place to start. Aside from that, don't discount everyone's suggestion that you study DNS. The test is DNS heavy. Aside from that, DHCP/subnetting, some RRAS, IPSec and a little WSUS.

Don't make the mistake I made, and slack off on preparing for this exam. I passed by the skin of my teeth (what the hell does that mean anyway), and as I sat this exam, I remembered all the wasted hours I "studied" for this exam by surfing the 'net or playing some game. Don't get me wrong, I studied for this thing, but not with the same passion as my other exams. There's nothing worse than that sinking feeling of wishing I reviewed more as I went through question after question.

By the same token, don't stress yourself too much either. Enjoy it, as this should be fun.
    Certified Lunatic.
  • gibbon_mastergibbon_master Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for all your help guys, best get work and start reading up.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Yep...Do NOT forget to study RRAS!
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)