Last interview with Qwest today

AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
I'm just browsing these fourms trying to kill time before my last interview for a position with Qwest which is happening today. It's down to me an one other guy, from what I've been told from my buddy who works there is that both of us are very skilled and would be perfect for the job. My major weakness is my lack of Cisco experience, which may end up hurting me, but my strength is my Juniper experience, and the later is what they are really interested in me for. I suppose it really hard to find Juniper certified people.

Anywho, I'll let you guys know in a few hours how the interview went.
"Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck!

If (after) you do well, how long of a wait will it be before you know?
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck!

If I were you I'd get the CCNA to go along with your Juniper certifications. If you have a good understanding of networking in general it wouldn't take you much time at all to study for the CCNA. That would make you look a little more balanced on paper I believe.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    dynamik wrote:
    Good luck!

If (after) you do well, how long of a wait will it be before you know?

Thanks for the encouragement, I am sooo nervous for this. Hopefully soon I'll know the outcome fairly soon, the interviews have been going on now for over 2 months and so it would be so nice to find out quickly. Also, if I get this job I'll be moving to your neck of the woods dynamik, MPLS MN.
    Good luck!

If I were you I'd get the CCNA to go along with your Juniper certifications. If you have a good understanding of networking in general it wouldn't take you much time at all to study for the CCNA. That would make you look a little more balanced on paper I believe.

Thanks for the encouragement networker, I agree that getting a CCNA would be soo very helpful. I was actually about to take the CCNA test when I started working for Juniper, but I dropped it to pick up the Juniper stuff. Really wish I would have just went and took the test, oh well. Right now its definitely on my list of things to do and I am sure if a took a month and reviewed the material I could get the cert.

-Bender
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Send me a PM when you get here. I'll buy the beers drunken_smilie.gif

No, I'm not an alcoholic!
    dynamik wrote:
    Send me a PM when you get here. I'll buy the beers drunken_smilie.gif

No, I'm not an alcoholic!

lol, i'll hit ya up if i get this job for sure :D

-Bender
    The interview went really really well. The interviewer even said that he looks forward to working with me. I should find out next week if i got the job or not. Right now I am just crossing my fingers :D

-Bender
  • jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    Grats :D

You inspire me to study Juniper... kidding icon_lol.gif
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats on the successful interview! Hopefully you get the gig.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Good job on the interview! That sounds like a good sign for you getting the job. :)
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/