use comptia press books

yoyogiyoyogi Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Comptia press book(s) is the key for passing A+ exams (period) I discovered those other books don't cover all areas. like the fire extinguisher thing...I finally located it.

what fire extinguisher thing? safety!! The mike meyers book screwed me up. icon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

Comments

• jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    yoyogi wrote:
    Comptia press book(s) is the key for passing A+ exams (period) I discovered those other books don't cover all areas. like the fire extinguisher thing...I finally located it.

what fire extinguisher thing? safety!! The mike meyers book screwed me up. icon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

This is straight from my Mike Meyers A+ Certification All-in-One book:

"Class A: Ordinary free-burning combustible, such as wood or paper
    Class B: Flammable liquids, such as gasoline, solvents, or paints
    Class C: Live electrical equipment

As you might expect, you should only use a Class C fire extinguisher on your PC if it should catch fire."

I do not know which Mike Meyers book you bought but he covers everything. Make sure you read the book cover too cover, do not skim.
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • yoyogiyoyogi Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used the mike meyers comptia A+ guide essentials and I didn't skim through...I see u're a Mike meyers fan...lol. thanks for your interest though! I'll look @ the all-in-one.
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    I used MM as "A" source...not "THE" source. You really need 2 books...whether or not the comptiaa books are worth it...i dont know.

If i had to take another comptiaa test, I wouldnt buy their book on sheer principle given how much they charge for the exam...and how wacky their exams can be.
  • jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    yoyogi wrote:
    I used the mike meyers comptia A+ guide essentials and I didn't skim through...I see u're a Mike meyers fan...lol. thanks for your interest though! I'll look @ the all-in-one.

Actually when I look at it now the Fire Extinguisher information is under "IT Technician" which is for the 602 exam not the 601. Most likely as brad- said there exams are a bit wacky and they don't always grade every question, so they might have just thrown that question on your 601 and it was not graded. Don't automatically assume the author is in the wrong, and always use multiple sources for study if you did not.

And exam objectives are KEY! Also Cramsession.com gives free study guides for most exams.

(http://cramsession.com/certifications/exams/a-essentials.asp)

Good luck on the re-take.
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • mrgetdown88mrgetdown88 Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    yoyogi wrote:

I don't recall seeing that in the all-in-one book, however, Meyers does cover that in the abridged A+ Certification Passport. This book gets right to the point, comes with good practice exams on CD that throughly covers all areas of each exams. I recommend buying this, plus its really cheap! I noticed the all in one book doesnt really go over safety or customer service but the passport does, which is really helpful because those kinds of questions come off as frivolous and confusing..
    XBox Live: xGetDownNoobx
    Working towards 70-291 and CCNA
    Future Goals (In this order):CCNA, MCSA, CCNP, MCITP:EA, CEH

"Consider yourselves lucky I'm not after your gully holes..."