New CCSP adventure

dredlorddredlord Member Posts: 172
Good morning fellow members, As im about to embark down the CCSP track im in a state of panic due to the newly discovered change in the CCSP track. I shall be starting with the CCNA:S anyone have any idea or advice for a troughtly confused member on how to structure my goal as in what new exams will the new CCSP track contain. Also anyone can guide me on some nice hardware to acquire.

Thanks in advance for advice / encouragment

Comments

• scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck! Let us know what the new CCNA is like, I am very curious myself.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They've already got some changes up: http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le54/learning_certification_type_home.html

They say three are required with one elective. It's just not clear to me which one's are required and which are electives.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    It's just not clear to me which one's are required and which are electives.
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Can anyone whose done the CCSP recently confirm which exams used to be required vs electives?
    I believe HIPS, CANAC, and MARS were the electives since they were grouped together, but I'm confused because it says you need three and an elective. Excluding that group, you have SNRS, SNAF, IPS, and SNAA, which is four. Maybe they'll move IPS or SNAA into the elective group...
  • IT ManIT Man Member Posts: 159
    If you were to pass any of the new CCNA exams, would it renew your older one as well?
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars. - Les Brown
    IT Man wrote:
    If you were to pass any of the new CCNA exams, would it renew your older one as well?

I would think not since they are not of the 642-xxx (Pro level). Also getting a CCDA does not renew the CCNA either so it would make sense for them not to.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    I think that's going to be the case:
    Cisco.com wrote:
    The CCNA Security is valid for three years. To recertify, Pass any current CCNA concentration exam (wireless, security, voice) OR pass a current 642 professional exam, OR pass the current CCIE written exam or the current CCDE written exam.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le0/le1/learning_certification_type_home.html

I don't think it would make sense to renew all the concentrations without the CCNA itself. They probably just haven't updated the main CCNA page yet.

edit: Oh, now it's on scheistermeister ;)
    Wow, I was on there this morning and that wasn't there. Sneaky bastards! icon_lol.gif
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    CCNA:S is looking better everyday!
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    edit: Oh, now it's on scheistermeister ;)
    Nice, my moderately paced plans for Cisco certs down the road are looking better all the time. :)
  • IT ManIT Man Member Posts: 159
    I agree shednik.....As I look at the CCNA:S objectives, its a lot of what I do now so it is looking like I'll be giving that a try later this year.
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars. - Les Brown
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Those new exams are listed as 640 level exams, not 642 "Professional Level" -- so until Cisco decides and posts different, I wouldn't count on them to recertify anything else.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!