so...i failed the ICND 1 test....

takingbacklaytakingbacklay Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
701/1000 =x

So i was wondering if anyone have any advice on studying for the test since im retaking it in a few days.

Here are the scores

Describe the operation of data networks - 54%
Implement a small switched network - 50%
Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet network requirements for a .... - 77%
Implement a small routed network - 56%
Explain and select the appropriate administrative task equired for a WLAN - 100%
Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate those three - 67%
Implement and verify WAN links - 33%

I was wondering if you guys can give any detail about each sections that I can use to study.

Comments

• nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    If you can remember specific questions on the exam that either completely confused you or you were shaky on to go back through the text and figure out the answers as well as review the concepts associated with the questions that's always a good place to start.

from your scores it appears you struggled most with the ones that start with the world "Implement" so I would review commands and get as much hands on experience with different scenarios as you can.

Hit the books hard and crush it on your retake :D
    WIP: IPS exam
  • takingbacklaytakingbacklay Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So the section that starts with "Implement" usually have to do with commands question?
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    From your scores I think you should wait more than a few days to retake. I could see going back in a few days if you were weak in a single subject, but you look to be weak in almost all of them. You should hit the books again and wait until you are completely confident.

Good luck on your future attempt.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    despite the low scores how did you find the exam ? did you feel like you were struggling due to lack of knowledge or nerves ??

i recently sat my 802 failed on the first attempt re-took it a week later n passed it comfortably...
    i basically failed due to nerves.....

if you felt like you were struggling otherwise then id hit the books for a couple more first tho.... run through as many hands on labs as i could then go for it....
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    So the section that starts with "Implement" usually have to do with commands question?
    not necessarily but to me "Implement" is more technical and the words "Describe" and "Explain" are more theory based

I also agree with giving yourself more time to fully take in the concepts, don't feel bad this is a tough exam! just keep at it and let us know how you do
    WIP: IPS exam
  • GlynixxGlynixx Member Posts: 138
    What materials did you use to study? Maybe we can make some suggestions. If you are using Odom's book then you will want to read thru it again (and that may or may not be painful) but alternate with the testing software it comes with and use that to practice and also strengthen areas you may need reinforcing.

G.
    Check out www.manager-tools.com for some great management training for free!
  • kevin31kevin31 Member Posts: 154
    Also how long have you been studying for?
    LAB - 4 X 2651XM's 1 X 2620 3 X 2950 1 X 2509 AS 1 X 3550