the NEW Network+ exam

supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
The CompTIA Network+ (2009 Edition) content has been reorganized and made more reflective of current networking technologies, and the new exam is expected to launch in Q1 2009.

CompTIA Network+ was last updated in 2005. A Job Task Analysis workshop was held in February 2008 which resulted in new exam objectives. The information from the JTA was validated through an industry-wide global survey in Q2 2008. The results of this survey were used to confirm the content of the new objectives and to weight the domains, ensuring that the weighting is representative of the relative importance of the tasks provided in the objectives.

icon_cool.gif
Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/

Comments

• AmpdChaosAmpdChaos Member Posts: 130
    so if i took the one that's out now.. will it not be worth it??
  • aidan80aidan80 Member Posts: 147
    Last time around I waited for the update to the A+ before getting ready for it as I heard it was meant to be harder than previous versions. I'd do the same this time around if it's the most up to date N+ but I can't, I need to get back on the IT horse.. must find new job!! :)
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    AmpdChaos wrote:

They'll both give you a "Network+" on your transcript, and they never expire.

If you're ready for this one, go for it. If you're just starting out and want to learn the new material, wait for the update.
  • AmpdChaosAmpdChaos Member Posts: 130
    im in the middle... i havent review network plus for a few months now but ive taken a course and cisco academy... so i could pick up the studying again...i guess ill debate myself to see what ill do..
  • mjonesmjones Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just called the CompTIA customer service dept and ask one of their rep's about there being a new Network+ exam. I was told as of today at 4:05 p.m. est that it was NOT true and that there was and is no discussion as of this writing of new objectives or a new exam. Where did you get your info? I am currently studying for the Net+ exam and I am planning to take the test in September, however if a new exam were to come soon I would wait. I do feel in my heart that an update is coming but like I said (actually typed) as of this writing per CompTIA there is not a new exam for 2009!!! icon_sad.gif

Feel free anyone to reply!!
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    mjones wrote:
    I just called the CompTIA customer service dept and ask one of their rep's about there being a new Network+ exam. I was told as of today at 4:05 p.m. est that it was NOT true and that there was and is no discussion as of this writing of new objectives or a new exam. Where did you get your info? I am currently studying for the Net+ exam and I am planning to take the test in September, however if a new exam were to come soon I would wait. I do feel in my heart that an update is coming but like I said (actually typed) as of this writing per CompTIA there is not a new exam for 2009!!! icon_sad.gif

Feel free anyone to reply!!

supertechCETma has a lot more inside information to CompTIA than most people here have. I would trust that what he says is true with regards to CompTIA.

This seems like "Deja Vu"! I think someone posted something similar when supertechCETma posted about the "new" security+ well before it was "publicly" announced.
    Ok I can respect that however I like to see proof. I am spending a lot of time studying for this test and I don't like to be left out in the dark. As for trust, I have none for people I personally do not KNOW!!!
    How can you not trust this:
    Certifications: A+, Net+, Server+, Inet+, Linux+, HTI+, DHTI+, Security+, eBiz+, RFID+, CETma, CCTT, CFOS/T, CCNT, CCST III

icon_lol.gif

He seems to be in-the-know, so I'd take his word for it.
  • pwjohnstonpwjohnston Member Posts: 441
    AmpdChaos wrote:

Why bother, no one in my market ever knows what the N+ is.
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    even if the new exam comes out before you have a chance to take the old one, its not going to be so totally different you'll have to start your studies from scratch or anything
    WIP: IPS exam
    mjones wrote:
    Ok I can respect that however I like to see proof. I am spending a lot of time studying for this test and I don't like to be left out in the dark. As for trust, I have none for people I personally do not KNOW!!!

So take the test you're studying for. It's not going to matter whether you take that one or the new one. Why are you getting so worked up over this? He's just letting us know that a new one is coming out.
    even if the new exam comes out before you have a chance to take the old one, its not going to be so totally different you'll have to start your studies from scratch or anything

I think they let them overlap by around six months, so people don't get caught off guard.
    Thanks for the fast responses. I will keep studying for the test as scheduled, however someone please keep this site informed :)
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    I just received a copy of the new 2009 Network+ Objectives from CompTIA. If you would like a copy, drop me a PM with your email addy. This is not a violation of any confidentiality. I have access as an Education 2 Careers (E2C) member. icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
    Please, please send me a copy of the 2009 Network+ objectives to wlsn_kenny@yahoo.com

Thank you very much :D
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    dynamik wrote:
    How can you not trust this:
    Certifications: A+, Net+, Server+, Inet+, Linux+, HTI+, DHTI+, Security+, eBiz+, RFID+, CETma, CCTT, CFOS/T, CCNT, CCST III

icon_lol.gif

He seems to be in-the-know, so I'd take his word for it.

Yep, he knows his +'s
    mjones wrote:
    Please, please send me a copy of the 2009 Network+ objectives to xxx

Thank you very much :D

You should take your email address off the forum if you don't want to become inundated with spam. That's probably why he said to send a PM ;)
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    mjones wrote:

Well, I'll go out on a limb here...but I bet there are a ton of people in these forums who you don't personally know....yet you are here asking questions and contributing....so the same can be said toward yourself. ;)

supertechCETma, while I do not know him personally, in at least 5-6 years of seeing him online...I've not know him to disseminate inaccurate information. So, don't trust him if you chose, but he's an industry guy as best I can tell and if he bothers to post....it's worth reading. You don't have to agree or believe it...but it would be in your interest to consider it.

That said, if you want to earn the NET+....take it now (or within the next few months). By the time there is an 'official' announcement...there will be time and some exam overlap...so really no excuses, take whichever exam you feel is best for you. Or skip it altogether.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?