70-620 today

RogMcDogRogMcDog Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

Wish I had found this site sooner. I am taking the 70-620 exam today and will post later how I got on, number of questions, duration, etc. I saw the exam was scheduled for 4 hours and was kind of freaked. I also see that they changed the format/questions recently and hope that my study materials are still relevent. I'm actually fairly stressed about it! I think I will pass but it might be a bit of a scrape...

So far I have completed...

MCSE NT 4 (I won't bore you with the details)
70-210 (Windows 2k pro)
70-215 (Windows 2k server)
70-270 (XP)
70-236 (Exchange 2007)

...all with pretty decent scores. I got a perfect result on 236 but I have to say I have done MUCH less work for this exam as I just wanted to get it over with before I go on hols. I also figured as I scored 100% on 236 I have really done too much work and over prepared for it. I wish I could say the same thing for 620. I have studied for about 2 weeks for this and really don't feel that is sufficient. Oh well I'll know better later on today.

Assuming I do pass and given my above exams what would people recommend I go after next? I was planning to do 70-622 before moving on to Server 2008, but would appreciate any advice. The company I work for (IT Manager) is looking a little shakey and I want to get my qualifications marketable.

Thanks for reading. Wish me luck!

Comments

• RogMcDogRogMcDog Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Alright then don't wish me luck - I passed anyway icon_lol.gif

I had 64 questions and as other have posted about 10 were simulations. I found the simulations quite difficult but not too bad if you stay calm and work through them. About half the questions were really very easy to the point of being obvious to anyone with any IT knowledge. I scored 933 and am very pleased. Onward and upward.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    RogMcDog wrote:

You probably don't want my luck!

Congratulations on the pass :D

Pro tip: if you want a lot of attention, don't post at 2am
    Pro tip: if you want a lot of attention, don't post at 2am[/quote]

That's a handy tip! Although it isn't 2am where I live the point is taken. Thanks for the congrats. I'm all fired up now for 70-622.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Congratulations!

I'll wish you an early good luck on the 622 then. :)
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    RogMcDog wrote:

We actually don't offer luck to takers of the 620 anymore, it seems to be a waste with the 900+ marks people are putting up. :P We tend to save the luck for the people scoring in the 690 range on tests to get them over the hump. I am taking the 620 on monday and refuse to ask for any, luck is better spent elsewhere.

Like Undomiel, I am happy to offer up luck on the 622 though. GOOD LUCK!! icon_thumright.gif
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
    Thanks guys. This seems like a really good forum. As stated before I just wish I had found it earlier. Well I won't offer you luck then - but I will say I hope it goes well. :D

I thought about taking mine on Monday but decided I wanted to enjoy my weekend!
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    RogMcDog wrote:
    I thought about taking mine on Monday but decided I wanted to enjoy my weekend!

I have to work this weekend so I figured I would be productive. And by productive I meant not work and just concentrate on tying up any loose ends. Welcome to the site!

PS, don't forget to update your profile!
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.