Options

CCNA Simulation Questions

mike3mike3 Member Posts: 136
Hey guys,

I really need to brush up with my simulation questions. Is there somewhere I can find simulation questions. Not labs that do a step by step but questions like you would have on the CCNA test???

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    The practice exam that comes with certification library has some simulation questions in it. Besides that I don't know of any.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    mike3mike3 Member Posts: 136
    That bites!

I've been going through everything from routing, ACL's, NAT, DHCP, VLANs, and anything I can think of. I again can still configure all of these fine. I really just want to focus on trying to set something up quickly or addressing an issue with a configuration problem.

I need to work on speed.

I need questions like so "The Jr. Admin logged into RouterB and now Router A and Router C cannot communicate. Please fix the problem."
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    That's why it is nice to have real world experience prior to going for a certification.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    suffahsuffah Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think you need to focus on the show and debug commands. I've been trying to buckle down on these with my practice labs instead of just setting them up. For example, I'll set up a wan link with ppp on one side and frame-relay on the other. Now i'll check and see how I can figure out what the problem is and how to find out where the information is located.
  • Options
    dredlorddredlord Member Posts: 172
    The academy Lab books have a couple of really good show / debug exercises (true I have the 3.1 version) but a show command is a show command after all. Just practice the outcomes of different commands and plan out a attack strategy, I personally find the following useful:

Read the question and imagine the working network (such as flow of frames packets etc..)
    Issue show, debug, ping, tracerout commands to isolate the problem and check the running config
    Try and solve the problem by tackling the rout cause of the isolated problem (example if you have intermittent slow network connections and the interfaces are UP/UP then check the duplex / speed settings.

Always remember subnetting practice.