Anyone tried the Transcender Virtual Lab?

So I'm gearing up for the CCNA, assuming I pass my 70-291 tomorrow, and just noticed this Transcender Virtual Lab on some of the major Microsoft tests and the CCNA.

CCNA
http://www.transcender.com/product.aspx?product_id=Cert-640-802&dept_id=12108

Course Description
http://www.transcender.com/gen.aspx?sn=TRACert-640-802_t-vlabCourse_desc&pf=page

I'm a big fan of the Transcender. The sales rep said they were online course and the $199 was good for a full year on that lab.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this and what their thoughts were? I've always thought the Transcenders are pretty robust, but could use more real world type training. AKA more sims on the 70-291 pack.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm a big fan of Transcenders practice exams, but I haven't been impressed with their other training options. I only bought one, and that was a few years ago, so maybe they've improved. However, you could get a 2950 switch and a few 25xx routers for $200, which I think would be a much better value (and you can always resell them when you're done with them).

If you have access to IOS images, you can get dynamips up and running for free, and then just buy two or three switches.
  • pwjohnstonpwjohnston Member Posts: 441
    dynamik wrote:
    I'm a big fan of Transcenders practice exams, but I haven't been impressed with their other training options. I only bought one, and that was a few years ago, so maybe they've improved. However, you could get a 2950 switch and a few 25xx routers for $200, which I think would be a much better value (and you can always resell them when you're done with them).

If you have access to IOS images, you can get dynamips up and running for free, and then just buy two or three switches.

I was just curious if anyone tried the Virtual Lab because reading the book and taking the sim test bore the crap out of me. I'm more of a hands on ask the instructor a billion question types.

If I had the money I'd do all my certs in classroom environments, but at what is usually a couple thousand a pop, forget that. I miss college. icon_confused.gif
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I totally understand, and I'm not trying to discourage that. I'm the same way myself.

I just think you'd be putting your money to better use with actual equipment.