Options

70-621 Question

brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
For those of you that have taken this exam, did you encounter sims? If so how many? How many total questions? What subjects were heaviest? How long did you prepare and what was your prior exp?

TIA

Comments

• Options
    unclejohnnyunclejohnny Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't feel like I can answer your question since you failed to include the certs that you currently possess.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." Willy Wonka
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    I included them, they're right there. Life+ is the cert that I have. I know its just one, but its important for my job. I'm an alive person, that lives...so it made sense to get that one. Studying for life+ taught me what I need to know to survive. The cert is based primarily on what Les Stroud teaches in survival school.

If you're looking to try to get life+ also, I'm very sorry to say that you cant. I founded the organization that acredited and tested the cert, and once I got it, I had to file the organization for bankruptcy. Gas prices, the economy, the marketing dept were just eating a hole in the bugdet

At any rate, it's not achievable by anyone else in the universe. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    brad- wrote:
    I included them, they're right there. Life+ is the cert that I have. I know its just one, but its important for my job. I'm an alive person, that lives...so it made sense to get that one. Studying for life+ taught me what I need to know to survive. The cert is based primarily on what Les Stroud teaches in survival school.

If you're looking to try to get life+ also, I'm very sorry to say that you cant. I founded the organization that acredited and tested the cert, and once I got it, I had to file the organization for bankruptcy. Gas prices, the economy, the marketing dept were just eating a hole in the bugdet

At any rate, it's not achievable by anyone else in the universe. icon_lol.gif
    Sorry brad, but I just picked up the remnants of your old company at a court ordered auction for $0.82. We'll be issuing lots of new Life+ certifications to anyone that can prove they're alive. I just hope we don't have a problem with brain dumping, things could get messy. icon_lol.gif

As for your question, I would be on the lookout for sims since they were recently added to 70-620 in the last month (and 70-621 is just a mixture of questions from the 70-620 and 70-622 exams). Here's some relevant quotes from other posts on the forum:
    mrlink wrote:
    I found the questions to be focused on wireless networking, Firewall rules, UAC, Group Policy. The choices were suprisingly obvious I thought, basically 3 possible XP answers with 1 actual Vista answer. alot of them were like that. Or 3 obviously wrong and 1 obviously right. Only 2 questions had exhibits.
    LukeQuake wrote:
    My suggestion to anyone would be to brush up on the Vista menus and settings (where to find what) especially for the 1st part of this test.

As for the 2nd Part, make sure you know Wireless Security Protocols and GPO settings and you should be fine.
    jediknight wrote:
    70-620: Study IE (Protected Mode, Phishing Filter, Menu settings) Vista Install Requirements, Windows Sidebar, Windows Calendar, Windows Media Center, UAC and UAC Group Policy Settings (know these well) Event Viewer, Windows Firewall, Network Sharing Center and Wireless (Know these well), Laptop power settings and Tablet PC Configurations, Mobile Devices, Windows Defender, and Network Configurations.

70-622: This exam really surprised me as I feel it covered stuff that was not clear in the objectives and also again, the lack of material can hurt you. I used TechNet and hands on to prepare for this part and it still was not enough in my opinion. I pretty much had to use educated guesses on these questions. If you have an MCSE or have taken any of the MCSE security exams, you will have no problems as mainly these were domain related security questions. Based on my experience here is what you will want to study:

Understand that Kerberos Authentication is only available on Win 2000 and higher in a domain. Windows NT does not support Kerberos

Know how to use sysprep, ImageX, when deploying Vista

Understand how Bitlocker Works and how to perform recovery.

Understand Group Policy settings... I can't really elaborate on this one, but can say I got many of these types of questions.

Understand IPSEC and how to secure communications with Vista, Xp, 2000, NT... again another GP topic

Understand Event Viewer and Forwarding, Auditing, Applying Updates, Remote Assistance, Wireless and WPA, WEP, ect..., UAC, and Windows Update Agent.