Possible Diablo III announcement due tommorow

RikkuRikku Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2008/06/26/rabid-fans-unearth-diablo-3-connection-on-blizzard-site

OMG....Please, please, please, please, please!!!

(oh, and if so..don't suck like the Hellgate London fiasco...that was painful..nice concept though...)

:)

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'll fuel that fire: http://sc2pod.com/news/Countdown_to_Diablo_3/

Everyone is so excited for this. You'd have to imagine that if it wasn't D3, they'd have come out and said so. Riots will break out in front of their building if this isn't true.
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I absolutely loved Diablo II -- I actually made some good amount of $$$ in High School selling rare items on eBay! I once sold a pair of boots for $200, no joke.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
    My wife and I still host D2 lan parties!

We get 6-8 people in our little two bedroom apartment. It gets hot as hell in there (no pun intended).

That's a pretty sweet deal on the boots though icon_lol.gif
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used to play DiabloII all the time as well. I think I had my barbarian up to level 90 something we a couple complete sets of the unique armors
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DII was good fun but I'd rather see a MMO Starcraft game.
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    never got into diablo or warcraft, but starcraft <3. hopefully SC2 comes out this year.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I'm wondering if this is the result of the super-secret project at Carbine Studios, the company formed by splinters from Blizzard. I'm hoping Blizzard didn't just buy and re-brand Titan Quest. TQ is a great game, but I expect a lot more from Blizzard.
    dynamik wrote:
    My wife and I still host D2 lan parties!
    My wife finished D1, D2, and D2:LOD each before I did. icon_confused.gif And it was my son who showed me "Baal Runs" on Battle.net. He could raise any Act 5 character 30 levels in just a few hours. That and Jamilla's Character Editor really killed the fun of D2 for me.
    JDMurray wrote:
    That and Jamilla's Character Editor really killed the fun of D2 for me.

Make a hardcore character on battlenet.

It's a blast until it dies at level 80+. Then you never want to play again icon_twisted.gif
    Darthn3ss wrote:
    hopefully SC2 comes out this year.

And that was the funniest thing I read all day. Don't hold your breath!
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I hope this is true. I absolutely loved Diablo 2. I miss my level 98 barb and level 97 magic finding sorc.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    I'm actually looking forward to Starcraft 2 and Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning.
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • AlanJamesAlanJames Member Posts: 230
    hmm what's the bet there will be an announcement that it will be available in the fall of 2010
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    Why is everyone so stoked about this? I am not really looking forward to a deadline for my 08 curriculum yet... icon_sad.gif
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
    Haha. Even if it's announced, you could probably wrap up a CCIE from scratch by the time it's actually released.
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    dynamik wrote:
    Make a hardcore character on battlenet.

It's a blast until it dies at level 80+. Then you never want to play again icon_twisted.gif
    Jesus christ man you're insane.

I had a number of lvl 90+ chars with maxed out gear. My fav was the hammerdin and the trapper. Its a shame they never really let the druid or spearazon be as strong as the other chars. I used to could solo about anything with a bowazon and a spear merc. I even had an ethereal botd spear for the merc :)

Before the first (or second) big patch, I remember that the spear mastery whirlwind barbs were IT.

But seriously, gear is too hard to get in hardcore mode...and you can never be sure about lag/connection problems.
    Well, it's official: http://blizzard.com.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
    I CANNOT WAIT!
    Gameplay footage is great...there is a demo that is at least 20 minutes long and I loved every second of it. I forgot how much of a dork I become with these types of games :)
    But the real question is: Will there be a cow level?
    Here's some more information about the game:
    http://www.diablofans.com/

These guys update a lot. So you can guarentee, the second some type of news is out (behind the scenes or publicly available on Blizzard's site), it will be on their news.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    It looks like D3 is an online MMORPG only. Does anyone see anything about single-player or LAN-only modes?
  • Vassago68Vassago68 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I cant wait for this...as it is Diablo II is one of my staples when I deploy. We set up lan parties whenever we can over here.
    I've been mostly out of gaming for a little while...but I'll snatch this up.
  • scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am still holding out for Duke Nukem Forever!
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    It is truly amazing how Blizzard can keep this stuff under wraps for so long. This has clearly been in development for quite awhile.

Would anyone else have been just as satisfied if it was just a CG film? Their animation is amazing! I think part of the reason I play is just so I can get to the next cut scene (even if I've already seen it).

I'm very excited. Has there been any speculation regarding a release date? They haven't even pinned down a date for Starcraft 2 have they? That'll probably be early 2009, with D3 in 2010. I can't imagine them releasing those two close together, and the Wrath of the Lich King expansion for WoW is going be coming soon as well. They've been busy.
  • jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    Time to invest in Vivendi Games...

Blizzard is just an amazing company Starcraft 2, Diablo 3 and an expansion to their MMO with-in the next year or two is just hard work at it's best.

Might I add those artists are phenomenal.
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
    Well...not to put a damper...but the D2 developers did leave blizzard unhappily years ago. I hope their replacements were worthy.
    Were they unhappy? I thought they just wanted to do their own thing (Hellgate London, which didn't do nearly as well).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellgate:_London
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flagship_Studios
    http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/hellgatelondon?q=hellgate%20london

There's also a 20 minute game play video, which shows everything being awesome, as expected :D
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I haven't played for a while, my GTA 3 is collecting dust...

DIABLO I & II was one of the best game I have played, I cannot wait till it's release. The soundtrack is the dopest, I actually hate to read, but I loved reading the storyline of Diablo...