Options

Windows XP resources

istgirlistgirl Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all. I am currently studying for the OS part of the A+ exam and I was wondering, does anyone know of some online XP resources that I can read over in preparation for the exam? I can't afford to purchase a book just for XP information in it. The books I have don't have DETAILED enough information on it.
Tech Support Tip #2: When the support agent says "Click...", wait for the rest of the sentence.

Hot Tip #3: Be sure to turn it on before calling technical support.

Comments

• Options
    awaisyboyawaisyboy Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    why don't look at the technotes for exam 70-270 -way over the top what u need - but os exam won't ask for all that much on xp which is difficult except for remote installation which was more a mcse question rather than os question ..by the way which books have u got and what OS u running??
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    And then there is always the Product Information and TechNet at www.microsoft.com icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    kevinvicarskevinvicars Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you download bearshare, you can search for A+ and there is a hand typed Adobe test with about 300 plus questions. very helpful in studying for the OS Test and also search internet (dogpile.com) for free practice test.

I passed the OS on July 8th with 589
  • Options
    BulletToothTonyBulletToothTony Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got the exam cram2 for my A+ (and all my other certs) and I do not believe I got an ex question wrong. They are pretty thorough with the OS.

There is also a site that I go to to check up on processes and resources, but I forget the exact link. Try to google liutilities or a particular process. It is a site for a piece of software, but it gives you free information as well.
  • Options
    kevinvicarskevinvicars Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used EXAM CRAM also, you can get the exam cram books fairly cheap at local bookstores.