Options

best study material ?

jkzfixmejkzfixme Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I got both transcenders and prep logic and they both seem to be pretty different ... ??? wich one should i put the most faith in ? are the testing centers different ie vue , prometrix ? any word from the wise would be appreciated

Regards
Jesse Z

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I would recommend for you to get as much experience as possible. Download the objectives and possibly get Meyers or Sybex (or both) as well as the PDF techNotes from this site.

I would then recommend you put faith in yourself and not some material...the exam tests your skills/knowledge and is a base for your future exams that truly will test that you have real-world knowledge.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    sys_tecksys_teck Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with Plantwiz.
    i have 3 sources so far: its Network + all in one by Mike Meyers, Technotes from this site <which is by the way pretty good> and Sybex book "Network +". Ohh...i almost forgot about safaribooksonline. its great sources as well But don't count on just them use the Internet recourses, esspecially good sources are RFC on 802.x wireless. and all 802 standards.

but your best bet is yourself. Your mind, if you put your mind on passing test, no matter how many times you fail <well it happens to some people it had happened to me i failed 2 times but i 3rd time i did PASS, that all matters> you will PASS

I passed my 1st test @ prometric. the only difference might be in size of lab, you will be taking a test. I preffer quite place where none bothers me. first time i went to prometric cented @manhattan, didn't like it all too noisy people wandered all in and out. second time went to another prometric center and everything went very smoooth :). size of computer lab can vary.

good luck

Steven

A+cert, working on Network+
    working on CCNA
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    jkzfixme wrote:
    I got both transcenders and prep logic and they both seem to be pretty different ... ??? wich one should i put the most faith in ? are the testing centers different ie vue , prometrix ? any word from the wise would be appreciated

Regards
    Jesse Z

I would study them both equally and throw in the technotes from this site. I soley used PrepLogic when I took mine, but many of the questions on the actual exam were coming out of leftfield and not covered by Preplogic alone. I had some experience which definitely helped me. Network+ I found to be VERY broad range of questions. They like to throw in some Novell, Apple and Unix/Linux questions. Know your OSI model up and down, right to left, upside down and inverted.

Good luck.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    I used the technotes here and ExamCram. I think the materials that you have will work well too. The current Network+ objectives have been around long enough to allow time for several different companies to develop good materials. A lot of people like Mike Meyer, ExamCram...etc. Check these forums, people have passed using everything....and some using nothing. Check out the technotes!
  • Options
    somedudefromthenetsomedudefromthenet Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    icon_cool.gif TestOut's training sim for Network+ was really good for me. You might wanna try it out if you can. Then hands-on experience is a must. Lastly trust in yourself once you have studied enough.

Overclocked Admin
    coffee.jpg
  • Options
    LaminiLamini Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cant go wrong with knowing everything about objectives, your map. stick to it

keep that stickified on your wall throughout your studies, get it down by heart eventually if you look at it enough. you'll spend less time wasting time studying stuff you dont need. once your Net+ certified, you can do more research.
    CompTIA: A+ / NET+ / SEC+
    Microsoft: MCSA 2003
  • Options
    dvalenzueladvalenzuela Member Posts: 123
    I Just started studying for Net+. I began reading the Technotes from this site. I can tell you , I got that feeling that I am almost ready to take the Exam. They are Awesome.. I have the Thompson Book. I got it as a gift. Is it good?????? Anyway, I will stick a fast read on it.
    Good luck on your prep.
    close to MCSA!!