Passed Today

BulletToothTonyBulletToothTony Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
What a load of my shoulders. I had scheduled my exam last Friday and last night (Tuesday) when I got home I had a message on my answering machine from Prometeric, letting me know that my test had been cancelled. After some time trying to track down a number, I finally reached someone at CompTia who was able to keep my time and day but relocate to another facility. I will never do this again. When I showed up at the facility, the lady at the registration desk let me know that I could start my test early if I wanted to, so I did. When she showed me my room, I immediately began to panic. I suffer from anxiety attacks, and the atmosphere was killing me. There where about twenty other people crammed into a small room, with no AC, and the length of one of the walls had a window with a man sitting at his desk drinking coffee starring right at you. On top of that, they had cameras ontop of each monitor. Now my normal testing site has security, but is limited to three seats per room, and the window is a view of the hallway.

Needless to say, I passed this exam in fifteen minutes (seriously, because I needed to get out of there). So if I can do it, and under those conditions, you guys should have no trouble at all.

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations!

I know first hand that the best remedy is to sleep a lot (the evening/night before) and do breathing exercises in the morning. And when it does happen, especially at such a bad moment, keep telling yourself to focus. And try to stay away from coffee icon_wink.gif
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the new cert!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • BulletToothTonyBulletToothTony Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice. I have noticed since cutting coffee out of my diet, that attacks happen less. Not only that, while reading or taking practice tests, I don't have the jittery knee going up and down.

Thanks again.
  • ricky0481ricky0481 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • BulletToothTonyBulletToothTony Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you everybody for the kind comments. I am so happy I found this site. It is great to see a bunch of people who appreciate the time spent on studying, applying and achieving a technical certification. I been looking all over the internet at different sites to give advice, tips and feedback good or bad. Unfortuneately all I have found so far are real horrible sites that either consist or braindump know it all who forget what it is like to start off and assist people in finding easy ways into certs, or plain old sites that load your computer and email with spyware/adware and even viruses (lucky I run a couple of good IDSs).

I hope now that I have found this site, I can not only learn from your experiences, but share my own as well.

thanks
  • MercifulMerciful Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

I wrote mine today as well and the security was nothing like that. Mine was a small room with 3 computers, a mirrored window and a small camera off in one corner. I couldn't imagine trying any exam in a room full of people, thats just sooooo High School! icon_eek.gif
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    congrats and well done!
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Congrats... :D
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    congratulations icon_thumright.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    Congrats
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?