Need Some Advice/Help

pLuhhmmpLuhhmm Member Posts: 146
Ok last night i was at a party and later i left with some "friends" and one of them told me to stop at his house and well to cut it short apparently he broke into cars later i couldnt not find them so i go to a gas station and a cop questions me and puts me into the back of his car, luckly my dad is friends with a cop that shows up so i get to go home but I had to give them a report and I named one of the people breaking into cars and the 1st name of another who keep calling my cell while the officer had my cell, so i had to tell him why someone was calling me at 430-5am in the morning. I feel really sick about what I did, they were both drunk, really drunk one has a warrant out for him the other just got out of an mip, i have never delt with cops before, the impounded my car just for looking for them, I also had beer and booze in my trunk opened. I feel I had to do what I did. But IDK i just need some help, I still do not know whats going to happen with me.
Ever wonder what makes special sauce so special? YO!

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I assume from what you've written that you aren't being charged with anything and you'll end up getting your car back (maybe with a fine or two). So all I can offer is this simple advice:

Learn from it and move on. The next time you are faced with a similar situation think twice about it. And maybe be more careful about choosing your "friends". Real friends would never put you in a situation like that.
  • jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    Stop while your ahead, felonies are no fun when filling out job applications icon_cry.gif
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    Them being drunk is no excuse for them to jeopardize themselves and most importantly YOU. My friends wouldn't do that. I know you are young and sometimes peer pressure is a mother
    but think of this before you do it......8x8 cell, crappy food, killers, rapist, molesters, showering with guys, eating, sleeping and crapping in the same room.
    I know you are young and sometimes peer pressure is a mother
    but think of this before you do it......8x8 cell, crappy food, killers, rapist, molesters, showering with guys, eating, sleeping and crapping in the same room.

icon_cool.gif

• pLuhhmmpLuhhmm Member Posts: 146
    well my dad just got back from talking with his friend and didnt get much expect that if there story doesnt match with mine, which it prolly wont b/c i doubt they will remember it at all, and b/c well.... Anyway thank you for advice and hopefully i dont get in trouble. If anyone has any legal advice id welcome that too, even though idk if ill need it, also i lost my ipod during this and one of them has my 360 at his house which means icon_mad.gificon_cry.gif
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    jryantech wrote:
    Stop while your ahead, felonies are no fun when filling out job applications icon_cry.gif

Ya know, I have a friend who was recently convicted for a felony, I can't imagine how bad that would suck to put that you had a felony on a application, jobs are hard enough to come by as is.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Aldur wrote:
    Ya know, I have a friend who was recently convicted for a felony, I can't imagine how bad that would suck to put that you had a felony on a application, jobs are hard enough to come by as is.
    Do a search of the jobs forum here and you'll see exactly how it impacts your ability to get a job. There are a number of individuals on this site who are still haunted by mistakes in their past, even many years after having learned from them.
    Aldur wrote:
    jryantech wrote:

Yep a good friend of mine had to work for McDonalds for 3 months last year because it was the only place that would hire him right off the bat...

• remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    pLuhhmm wrote:
    well my dad just got back from talking with his friend and didnt get much expect that if there story doesnt match with mine, which it prolly wont b/c i doubt they will remember it at all, and b/c well.... Anyway thank you for advice and hopefully i dont get in trouble. If anyone has any legal advice id welcome that too, even though idk if ill need it, also i lost my ipod during this and one of them has my 360 at his house which means icon_mad.gificon_cry.gif

Ipod and 360 = 500-600 dollars
    Freedom = priceless.

Your gadgets can be replaced.
  • hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    Did they charge you with any crimes? Is it your first time in trouble? Depending on the state you probably get off with a fine and probation.

But let me tell you, fines are hefty, probation officers are a pain, and jumping through other hoops that they give you -- like going to Alcoholics Anonymous, losing your license, or completing a victim empathy course isn't fun. It's expensive, and waste of time in that you could be studying :)

Once you're in their pocket, it's hard to get out.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I guess I'm still not clear on what you actually did. It sounds like the worst they can get you for is open bottles. Is that right? Were you driving drunk? If they didn't take you down to the station and book you with anything, you're probably in the clear. They can't exactly administer a breathalyzer now. Unless you actually participated in some of the other shenanigans, I don't think you have anything serious to worry about. As stated, losing some electronics through such an ordeal really isn't anything to complain about it. It could have been much worse.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    On the plus side -- losing a 360 makes it easier to focus on certification exams.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
    nl wrote:
    Did they charge you with any crimes? Is it your first time in trouble? Depending on the state you probably get off with a fine and probation.

But let me tell you, fines are hefty, probation officers are a pain, and jumping through other hoops that they give you -- like going to Alcoholics Anonymous, losing your license, or completing a victim empathy course isn't fun. It's expensive, and waste of time in that you could be studying :)

Once you're in their pocket, it's hard to get out.

As I know of no, Yes 1st time never been pulled over or anything i mean i was suspended once in middle school.... Hopefully my graduation party will provide money for the impounded car and anything else
    dynamik wrote:
    I guess I'm still not clear on what you actually did. It sounds like the worst they can get you for is open bottles. Is that right? Were you driving drunk? If they didn't take you down to the station and book you with anything, you're probably in the clear. They can't exactly administer a breathalyzer now. Unless you actually participated in some of the other shenanigans, I don't think you have anything serious to worry about. As stated, losing some electronics through such an ordeal really isn't anything to complain about it. It could have been much worse.

All i did was go to a party not drink and drive around while the morons did illegal activities without knowing. I just hope i dont have to testify b/c even tho i told the truth i doubt they will and or remember it at all. Ill keep you guys updated.
    pLuhhmm wrote:

Ipod and 360 = 500-600 dollars
    Freedom = priceless.

Your gadgets can be replaced.

Yea i know, i was just saying, and does anyone know why they would use my phone as evidence? And does it matter that the phones battery died? Ive just been sick to my stomach since this happened and it sucks.
    undomiel wrote:
    On the plus side -- losing a 360 makes it easier to focus on certification exams.

Well i have all my accessories/controllers and HD b/c i let him borrow it since i didnt play it that much b/c i just got a new laptop which is in the trunk of my car somewhere ):
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    If they havent charged you with anything, you werent involved in the 'illegal' activities and you werent driving drunk then you have nothing to worry about.

I pressume whats getting at you is that you feel like you may have dropped your mates in it by naming them to the Police?

Personally if they are going to do these things and get you tied up in it how much are they really friends?

Drunk or not people still have to pay for their actions, imagine if they had stolen a car and run someone over? Would you cover for them then?

If they are really good friends and this was a one time stupid moment then I wouldnt go out of my way to name and shame but I wouldnt lie either if i was asked, its not worth it on your side as you could be pulled up for as an accomplice by not saying anything or wasting police time.
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
    Well thank you all for your help and advice its helped a lot.