Favorite Comfort Food

RikkuRikku Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
Whats your favorite comfort food?

You know, the one thing you want at least once a week if possible or at least bi-weekly.

For me, it's sushi...specifically sashimi, raw oysters and Uni rolls...but only since the past 8 years. Before that it was beef ribs and beer at the local pub. (nice opposite-extreme eh?)

-Rikku

Comments

• AmpdChaosAmpdChaos Member Posts: 130
    i dont know if this counts but i LOVE WATERMELON!!
  • jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    Cheesecake with a glass of milk. :D:D:D
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • IncInc Member Posts: 184
    Fruits: Hurma (once per week if available) and Lemon (daily)
    Dairy: Lassi (yoghurt drink)
    Drinks: Pokka White Grape drink with Aloe Vera
    Honey (daily with lemon)

I know that daily doesn't count as comfort food but maybe an addiction will do? :)
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    My wife picks chocolate especially of a cheesecake variety while I usually will go for either tea or root beer. Even though that's more like a comfort drink than a comfort food.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    My wife just found this amazing little Asian/Indian shop, and I've gotten addicted to their dumplings and bao. I just steam them for eight minutes and then dip them in a spicy dumpling sauce (essentially a flavored soy sauce).

Hey Undomiel, you can even get a nasty bean version since you don't enjoy delicious things like pork and chicken.
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    i dont get comfort from any type of food in particular

if i wanna take time out then its probably a good film on my own with no distractions

but if u insist on a food type it has to be a fat kebab icon_lol.gif
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Wal Mart brand easy mac. It's got larger noodles so they hold the cheese sauce better and it's $.50/box so you can go hog wild on the stuff. I cook "real" food 4-5 times a week but sometimes nothing beats a box of easy mac.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    chocolate cake
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    beer; more specifically Guinness lately (which is practically a food since its so thick :D )
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • RikkuRikku Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    beer; more specifically Guinness lately (which is practically a food since its so thick :) )

Not to change from food to beer, but I like a nice dark ale myself. Guinness is classic, I like a nice oatmeal stout myself or prefer newcastle ales.. I cannot stand weak pale beers. I used to have a nice dark red ale at the local pub called a "kiltlifter". Though, I should have remembered to ask where it was from/made. I also like dry beers also so of course Asahi/Sapporo and also a nice cold (reasonably priced) Sake... (should've guessed..)

Here's a beer enthusiast site my friend recommended to me if anyones interested:

http://beeradvocate.com/
    I cook "real" food 4-5 times a week but sometimes nothing beats a box of easy mac.

Paul, nothing beats a nice rich mac n cheese with the baked topping ...nice. BTW, I was the total microwave bachelor at one time; until my lady showed me cooking isnt such a chore/confusion as I felt it was. Now, I try new things here and there..though cooking 4-5 times is a bit much for me. (I can make a nice beef/beer stew that is out of this world..) I cook maybe once or twice a week..unless i get pushed to do more. (hard to get off the computer or console...)
    Dairy: Lassi (yoghurt drink)

Inc, I have had Lassi's before. Kind of an experience having a salty yogurt drink..not half bad though. I think I was at a Persian restaraunt where they served it at another table and I decided to try it out.

Great posts guys! :)

-Rikku
  • learningtofly22learningtofly22 Member Posts: 159
    I just found an authentic Mexican restaurant/shack where I have to practice my broken Spanish or I don't get to order (save the "if you're in the US, you should speak English, I know, I agree"). I have a certain fondness for real Mexican food, corn tortillas, etc. I tried some beef cooked a different way today, called "barbacoa", which literally means bbq but isn't really bbq, it looks more like boiled beef. It was so tender and moist that it was like someone had already chewed it up for me! Gross sounding i know but it was really good in a corn tortilla w/ tomatoes, onions, and cilantro.

I'm also a big sushi fan like some of the other guys in this thread, have been for years. always good to wash it down with some sake.
  • jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    I just found an authentic Mexican restaurant/shack where I have to practice my broken Spanish or I don't get to order (save the "if you're in the US, you should speak English, I know, I agree"). I have a certain fondness for real Mexican food, corn tortillas, etc. I tried some beef cooked a different way today, called "barbacoa", which literally means bbq but isn't really bbq, it looks more like boiled beef. It was so tender and moist that it was like someone had already chewed it up for me! Gross sounding i know but it was really good in a corn tortilla w/ tomatoes, onions, and cilantro.

I'm also a big sushi fan like some of the other guys in this thread, have been for years. always good to wash it down with some sake.

if you're in the US, you should speak English.
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    jryantech wrote:
    if you're in the US, you should speak English.

Half of Phoenix disagrees with you.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    Peanut butter and banana

OR

Chocolate milk

OR

Chocolate Banana Shake sometimes with peanut butter
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.