Going to Cali

AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
I have my JNCIP scheduled for July 9th and just until a few minutes ago had not received my flight plans, they were waiting company approval. I just got a call letting me know that because of the economic down turn of the country that all travel plans have been suspended.... At first I was extremely mad and politely thanked my team lead for the information and got off the phone. Then I got to thinking about how it actually might be fun to take a road trip to cali, go on a mini vacation, and also take my JNCIP.

So I'll take a road trip, have some fun and get a cert, not all bad, plus work is going to pay me for the time that I am gone.
"Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Then to MN right? ;)

Did you ever hear back about that job. You better move now. You're just going to turn around and leave if you come in six months.
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Next on my list is MN!

I was supposed to hear back from Qwest today to find out if I got the job or not, suppose no news is good news? I've had my cell phone on me all day and whenever it started to buzz I'd get all excited to only find out that it was my wife calling to find out if Qwest had called...

LOL Dynamik, yes in six months it should be cold as hell, I was hoping to make it out there this summer, enjoy the nice cool weather, its in the 100's here and so some cool weather would be sooo nice.

But anywho, still crossing my fingers.

-Bender
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Aldur wrote:
    I've had my cell phone on me all day and whenever it started to buzz I'd get all excited to only find out that it was my wife calling to find out if Qwest had called...

Yep been in that situation. I'd swear the wives do it on purpose because they know that your heart jumps through your throat every time that phone rings/buzzes!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
    undomiel wrote:
    Yep been in that situation. I'd swear the wives do it on purpose because they know that your heart jumps through your throat every time that phone rings/buzzes!

Honestly, she called me about 7 or 8 times yesterday, normally i get one or two calls a day from her. I think it was all part of her plan to drive me crazy :D

But going on to the next day and no call yet, I'm starting to get a tad bit nervous here.

-Bender
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Did her plan succeed? I know my wife's did!

Maybe you should give them a call and let them know that you're still interested in the job. Just a little reminder that you exist.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
    Yes indeed, her plan did succeed, every time that damn cell started buzzing my heart would skip a beat..... I felt like telling her not to call me till after 6, so I know it would not be qwest calling.

Yeah, I know a guy out there so I'll be hitting him up today to see whats going on.

-Bender