70-621 tomorrow 05/30

bogdan5bogdan5 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I'm taking 621 tomorrow and to be honest I didn't study as much as I should. I went through 620 book but I still have to go through 622 tonight (most likely I'm going to pull an all nighther).

The only reason I'm not really prepared as much as I should because I wanted to quality for the 2nd shot. So if I don't pass I'll can take it again for free.

On the other hand I didn't study as much for 270 but I still passed.

So my question is. For 622 MS Pressbook - Should I even take the time (which I really don't have any) to set up VMWware lab? I have MS Server 2003, VISTA and XP already installed but nothing is configured. No DNS, HDCP, DC? Is it easy, Or should I just go through the book and try to remember as much as possible.

On a side note. I still want to go back and do some lab problems and study a little bit more anyway even If I pass. I just really want all the info to sink in.
Going for:N+, MCSA/MCSE.

Comments

• Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I skimmed through topics I thought would be hit hard or I wasn't too familiar with in Vista. Do the same thing and you should be alright.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34084
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • EMoMoneyEMoMoney Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Tyrant1919 wrote:
    I skimmed through topics I thought would be hit hard or I wasn't too familiar with in Vista. Do the same thing and you should be alright.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34084
    Were there a lot of Group Policy questions? I am seeing a lot in the practice exams I am taking.
  • Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes. If the book mentions anything GPO, make sure you know it. Software restrictions, WSUS, UAC, Windows Firewall, Defender, Profiles, IE, a ton of stuff. If you have a copy of the MS PRess, Chapter 4, Lesson 2 has a plethora of GPO settings in a shotgun blast to give you a decent overview.

In my studying eperience so far, if it can be configured in a GPO, learn it.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • JonBrooksJonBrooks Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My test i recently took might have had 1 Group policy question if i remember correctly
  • bogdan5bogdan5 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Didn't pass. I scored 583 so now I have to sit down and really hit the books. I'm planning on taking the test by the end of June.
    So I'm retaking 621 on June 30th and I can't get myself to study. Either something comes up or I just don't feel like picking up a book and reading it. I have two weeks to go and I still have to set up a lab for 622 part. I hope it's going to be a breeze using vmware but who knows.

Just wanted to vent. :)
    I have 40 hours left to my test. I'm doing pretty good with studying so far. I might take a break and go see a movie or something. I should be done with 620 book by Sunday morning and 622 by Monday morning. Plus i want to watch again CBT videos and take some practice tests.

Yes, I can only concentrate at night and surprisingly I can remember a lot of stuff. I guess having a photographic memory helps a lot :)

Wish me luck:)
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    Good Luck!

I am studying for it now. The MS Press book is boring and thick. I am going to be able to take several days and work and then I will take the exam. My target date is the 11th.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
    I didn't pass 621 yesterday only because I was too lazy to go through 622 book. Anyway, I'm going to start studying now and I should be able to take it again within couple weeks.

By the way I had 54 questions and there was more question on 622 part than there was on 620. No sims.
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    bogdan5 wrote:
    By the way I had 54 questions and there was more question on 622 part than there was on 620. No sims.
    omg thank you. I'm prepping for this one right now.