Options

Knowledge B4 CCNA training....

saad_mominsaad_momin Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,
I wanted to start CCNA training at home for the exams...... Can anyone tell me what knowledge do I need for understanding those trainings..... Plzzz help me guys...
Bye,
SAAD.
Need Help.....Ask Me.....

Comments

• Options
    dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    Personnally I would say none really, you have to start somewhere.

More of a recommend track would be to do the Network+ first as it will give you a good base to build on when you come to the more advanced topics in the CCNA.
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • Options
    phobonilphobonil Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nothing Much I would say...

Just Go through N+ sugessted by dave and I would say go thru A+ books, that give you a very good basic knowledge about Hardware and basic Networking after A+ you can start your preparation for CCNA :D
    You Should Be The Change That Want To See
  • Options
    I have good knowledge in Hardware & specific knowledge of Networking such as creating & troubleshooting XP based LAN. What else I need as pre-CCNA training. Is knowledge of Protocols & DNS is necessary......
    Thnx in Advance Guys.....
    Saad.
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    Hey....
    U R Right dude.......I know this....but I just wanted some advice for making it easier for me to understand each & every part of the training & Alas !....pass the exams.....
    Does anyone has some good CCNA tutorials with simulators which u think will help me in the course......Plzzz help me guys....

Thnx Again....For all Ur Replies.....
    Saad.
  • Options
    jworleyjworley Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When I started working towards my CCNA, I had no prior certs. I had a couple years of basic IT experience from work, but I don't really count that.

HOWEVER, I actually went through the Cisco Academy in a classroom environment at the local community college.

To be honest, I don't see why you should need anything else when starting out. CCNA 1 covers all the basic theory of networking to give you a good foundation. CCNA 2 gets you working on the routers and implementing basic things. CCNA 3 focuses mainly on switches and has you implement very basic spanning tree, vlan, trunking, etc.... CCNA 4 covers basic WAN knowledge, such as setting up point 2 point connections and frame relay. I also seem to remember it barely grazing over simple VPN concepts.

Good luck! To me, this is a "start from scratch" curriculum. I'm sure you'll be just fine if you go head-first.

edit- btw, I recommend you get the CCNA Command Quick Reference. It's nice to have it handy while you do labs and such.
    "I asked, 'Why do you bring a gun to a UFO sighting?' Guy said, 'Way-ul, we didn wanna be ab-duc-ted.' If I lived in Fife, Alabama, I would be on my hands and knees every night praying for abduction" -Bill Hicks