Options

question for pandimus or any other MCSE:SEC

skeetzskeetz Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
I taking 217 in about 2 weeks Then I'm moving towards both MCSE and MCSE:SEC. what order should I take of these Certs. 220,227,214. icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    That is totally up to you. But the order that I took them is:

I had taken 220 for my design course a while back for my MCSE.
    I had also already had my Security+, so I did not need to take 227
    When the MCSE:Security came out, all I had to take then was 214

So, I kind of took them as they came. Looking back, If I had a choice..I would have taken 214 close to my Active Directory test. 214 is like and active directory test on steroids..If you have problems w/ active directory, you will have problems with 214.

Hope this helps some.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    I took 214 last.. also i got my sec+, so i did not need to take 227. But if i could go back, i might take the 227.. Sec+ is a biatch.. and of course i took 220 as my design. the design was a fun test.. a bit difficult, but fun. Ive been kinda outta the scene for ahwhile, working on my college, so it took ahwhile to remember what i did and when. Anyway.. good luck on your tests... Oh.. lemme answer your question.. I agree with Ten, i would take your 214 next.. Its very tough.. get the syngress book for it.. (excellent)
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • Options
    skeetzskeetz Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice I'll definitly use it icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Yes...the Syngress book is the one I used...It was great...
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA