Congrats, Excellent choice!

Congratulations and welcome on board as Moderator, Ten9t6!

Excellent move, Webmaster. We're all going to be involved in security issues if we stay in IT.
"It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki

Comments

• Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    janmike wrote:
    Congratulations and welcome on board as Moderator, Ten9t6!

Excellent move, Webmaster. We're all going to be involved in security issues if we stay in IT.

Thanks janmike....And you are correct if you are going to be in IT you need to learn as much as you can about security. It helps you keep your job longer. icon_wink.gif
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Congrats Ten9t6 you are without a doubt a security guru..

PS...I was in the book store last week and browsed through a book on CISSP; how was that test? I've read in alot of places that its one of the hottest certs to have right now next to a MCSE trainner...
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Thanks.....but there is one thing about security...the more you learn the more you realize how much you don't know.

As far as the test is concerned.....When I walked out, I felt like I had been hit by a truck. Probably because I got like 1.5 hours sleep the night before. I walked out really not knowing if I passed or failed. (This is common with this exam). The test is not done on computers. It is done on an old scantron sheet. (fill in all the boubles). It is 250 questions and you get 6 hours to take the exam. It is a marathon test. I finished in about 3 hours. Then comes the hard part.....It was 4 weeks before I found out that I had passed. That was a great email to get.......All in all ....I enjoyed the experience...I also like the fact that you must do things to keep the cert....
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA