Redistribution problem :(

MiekMiek Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I'm preparing for my CCNP BSCI exam and tried some labs but it wont work.

I got a border router it's connecting with the internet (e0) en got 3 other connections:
e1 - with IT1 router - OSPF
e2 - with IT1 router - OSPF

s0 - with frame-relay network (via router with frame-relay config) - EIGRP

This frame-relay router is connected with 2 other routers, using EIGRP as routing protocol.

I have to use redsitrubute on the border router to have all routers and LANs communicating with each other. But only the EIGRP network learns the OSPF routes and only 1 EIGRP route is learned by the Border router icon_sad.gif

Only one of the routers connected with the frame-relay router is passing its routing information to the border ... Is it a problem to use redistribution on a router when you're using subinterfaces (and more DLCIs) on a router?

Hope someone can help

Greets

Miek

Comments

• CriscoCrisco Inactive Imported Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    make sure you reditribute ospf into eigrp using th Bandwidth, Delay Reliabilty, load and MTU metrics. you cant just use bandwidth and delay.
    i had a similar problem.
    sometimes auto-summary can cause problems when redistributing, so you might issue the no auto command if you havent already.
  • MiekMiek Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The redistribution was okay. I was working on that lab for a few hours and just turned off everything.

The next day I wanted to finish the lab and when everything booted up, the redistribution worked ...

Don't know what the problem was, but sometimes a reboot helps.

Greets ;)

Miek
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Haha....yah..sometimes a reboot will help....My favorite mess up is doing a copy start run ....instead of a copy run start....Good times! :)
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA