Most difficult Microsoft exam?

I have been studying for the 70-431 MS SQL Implementation and Maintenance and so far the shear amount of material in this exam has amazed me.

From TSQL programming, SSMS, and all the other database terminology this exam has proven so far to be an amazing endeavor.

My question to you is which MS Exam do you feel is the most difficult?
CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills

Comments

• kenny504kenny504 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 ■■□□□□□□□□
    From my experience...probably 70-291 (the beast)
    There is no better than adversity, every defeat, every loss, every heartbreak contains its seed. Its own lesson on how to improve on your performance the next time.
  • SilentsoulSilentsoul Member Posts: 260
    I would make a vote for the 294 active directory is not hard to use but the way they want things just makes it a pain.
    Tons of double negatives in the way it works.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    70-301 - Microsoft Operations Framework makes 70-291 look like a joke. I'm talking about this in terms of exam difficulty, not the amount of content.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    royal wrote:
    70-301 - Microsoft Operations Framework makes 70-291 look like a joke. I'm talking about this in terms of exam difficulty, not the amount of content.

Funny...I thought 70-301 was the easiest Microsoft exam that I've taken, with 70-291 being the most difficult.

I'm going to venture a guess that perception of difficulty is very much affected by the areas where one has their most applied experience. (Royal, I'm not saying anything specific about you here...I really don't know much about your specific experience in this area).

IMO any of these exams could be the "most difficult" depending on the examinee's experience and point of reference.

MS
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ya, I had no experience. Considering your experience, I'd venture to say that the exam would be easy for you whereas I found most of the other exams such as 70-291 not all that difficult.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    70-292. Even now with all my years of experience in AD, etc., it's a coin flip if I would be able to pass the exam. It's not the amount of material, but just the dang exam is so tough.
    Good luck to all!
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    HeroPsycho wrote:
    70-292. Even now with all my years of experience in AD, etc., it's a coin flip if I would be able to pass the exam. It's not the amount of material, but just the dang exam is so tough.

+1
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    70-270 is my vote for most difficult exam for me. It's the only Microsoft exam I've done so far that I felt I had failed by the end. The 291 was only mediocre in difficulty to me.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hmmm, Id say that the hardest one (score wise) was 290 for me. I under-estimated it. But for now the Beast holds true to its title; that one was pretty tough. I can only speak for 270,290,and 291 for now.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    70-270 I found to be quite challenging, 291 was very broad.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I felt like I did the worst on 294. I was positive that was going to be a fail when I hit submit.

From what I've heard, 292 is brutal (imagine 291 with more content).

However, the NT4 => 2000 upgrade was supposedly worse.
  • Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    from my experience, based on my time studied, confidence when hitting submit, weather I reviewed any questions....

difficulty 1 ez, 5 hardest for >me<. Included Comptia Exams.

A+ - 1
    Net+ - 2
    Svr+ - 5 (lack of study material and overconfidence, failed 1st time, some questions seemed unorthodox to me)
    Sec+ - 4 (Most study time spent on this test then any other)

620 - 1 (old test)
    622 - 3
    270 - 2
    290 - 2
    291 - 3 (DNS and DHCP background made this better for me)
    293 - 4 (Clusterin' got me here)
    297 - 2 (Didn't study directly for this at all)
    299 - 3 (Failed, but I really want to give it a 4 instead... but won't)

Actually, I felt each MS test was relatively the same in difficulty, except 620 for sure.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • ssjaronx4ssjaronx4 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hardest one I've done so far was the 284. Only 30 questions so makes getting 700 just that bit harder :) Plus I covers alot of DNS, PKI, clusting and stuff which at the time I really didnt know much about outside of basic theory. Didn't think the 291 was all that hard at all.
  • donald7862003donald7862003 Member Posts: 128
    Maybe it was me but 70-293 was just as hard as 70-291. It should be the Beast's twin not jr.
    On the road to MCITP......
  • IT_AdminIT_Admin Member Posts: 158
    Deffintley the 291 exam *shudder* a close second would have to be a non MS exam, but comptia sec+ was another tough one.
    Next victim: 70-351

On my way to MCSE 2K3: Security
  • preecypreecy Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Personally, i found 70-297 the hardest, 70-291 was difficult however. The questions in 70-297 werent too complicated but the whole case study was poorly written imo.

By far, I found the vista exam 70-620 the easiest even though it wasnt my highest scoring exam. i just couldnt motivate myself to study for that exam as the contents just seemed completely pointless to me.

sitting 70-649 tomorrow and not feeling too confident so i may change my mind.
    next up SharePoint... what's that all about!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    So far, I've taken three Microsoft exams: 70-290, 70-291, and 70-270. The only one I failed and had to take over was 70-291. I didn't find it impossibly hard, I just underestimated the difficulty after coming away from 70-290 with a passing score right off the bat. Only time will tell if the Beast will remain king of the mountain, or some other exam will blow me out of the water.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • 1MeanAdmin1MeanAdmin Member Posts: 157
    For me it was 284 (50 question one). I also had my lowest score of 549 on this exam.