Options

Voice and Security

dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
I don't know much (anything) about voice, and I was curious how much voice and security are intertwined. Essentially, would a CCSP be complimentary to a CCVP?

Comments

• Options
    LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    I am banking on it.... I think a Wireless/Voip/Security combo is the way to go... just my 2cents
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
  • Options
    nice343nice343 Member Posts: 391
    voice is totally seperate from security. The similarities are less than 10 percent
    My daily blog about IT and tech stuff
    http://techintuition.com/
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think the CCNP is more useful to both the CCSP and CCVP then the CCSP and CCVP would be to each other.

Having both means getting caught in the middle between the security groups and the voice groups. And proving a couple of times that the issues were caused by the security group means every Voice IDIOT in the world calls you when they can't get something to work and wants to blame it on network security.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thanks for the responses.

Just to be clear, I'm not asking about similarity in terms of content. I know they're drastically different in that respect.

I was more interested in how much interaction there was between the two in actual practice.

edit: Mike, so would being caught between the two groups make you more valuable, or would you be seen as spreading yourself too thin?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    dynamik wrote:
    edit: Mike, so would being caught between the two groups make you more valuable, or would you be seen as spreading yourself too thin?
    In general, the more knowledge and skills you have, the more valuable you should be -- until you get sucked into corporate politics because of it. icon_eek.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    FlyingputFlyingput Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    By the way, Jeremy likes to insert security knowledge in CCM videos. I bet he's working on CCSP series. Wow, can't wait to get them after CCVP.