Taking A+ Hardware today!

Wilson502Wilson502 Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
Wish me luck guys im takin the A+ Test in about 2 and a half hours wish me luck, im goin over some practice tests for last mintue cramming, and my book where im a little fuzzy on.
Currently Studying: MCITP:SA, B.S. Business Administration with Focus in Computer Info Systems, Cal State Fresno
Degree Completion: Spring 2013
Future Studies: MCITP:EA, MCSE 2012, CCNA/CCNP, VCP5, Security+, Linux+, SQL

Comments

• lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?
  • Wilson502Wilson502 Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    YEA! i passed! I got a 605. Im 19 yrs old. But im happy. Test didnt seem that bad at all.
    Currently Studying: MCITP:SA, B.S. Business Administration with Focus in Computer Info Systems, Cal State Fresno
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    Im 19 yrs old. But im happy.
    You should be happy, that is a great ago to be icon_lol.gif
  • Wilson502Wilson502 Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How much more difficult is the A+ software exam?
  • lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    Congrats, it's different for everyone, depends on where your strengths lie.
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    yeh that is a great age, your really getting ahead of the game! Good luck and more power to ya. :D
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!

Best of luck on OS.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • KatanaSamKatanaSam Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wilson502 wrote:
    How much more difficult is the A+ software exam?

Congrats!

I would say that the OS Technologies portion of the A+ was harder to prepare for simply because it involves knowing some things you won't find in most study guides. Such as how to copy and paste from the command line using your mouse or how to navigate the device manager with your keyboard.

Most if not all of the hardware questions can easily be correctly answered using knowledge you picked up from a good study guide. The OS exam is somewhat less that way, at least with a few of the questions I had on my exam.

I strongly recommend some 'hands on' lab time using different features of different OS's while preparing for the OS part. Although it isn't neccessary to pass.
  • TheCiscoKidTheCiscoKid Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice work.
    I am currently going to a local Community College and I am shocked at the level of knowledge some of these 18 and 19 year olds have. All I can think is ....this guy is going to be my boss some day. LOL