Options

Network+ exam update - 2005

4SG4SG Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi, all.
This is my first post here. I’ve been lurking around here for a while but figured it was time to register so I can post/ask questions.

Just wondering if anyone saw the new info on CompTIA’s site regarding the 2005 exam update? I’ve been studying for the Network+ exam for about a month. I had heard rumors that the exam was going to be updated and now I know I have some time to study before it changes.
Just figured I’d pass this along.

http://www.comptia.com/pressroom/get_pr.aspx?prid=484

Comments

• Options
    KatanaSamKatanaSam Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thx 4SG!

I know Michael Myers has a new 4th Edition of his 'All-In-One' Network+ book coming out at the end of August 2004. I wonder if it has been updated for the new objectives? My initial guess was 'no', just because it looks like the test update won't be introduced for almost a full year. But then it also seems close enough that you'd think there would have been some consultation on the subject of a possible upgrade, especially since the current objectives are getting older. So perhaps the new edition will be designed for the new objectives.

I am planning to take the Network+ in the next month or two. Part of me would like to wait and test on the new objectives.