CHFI difficulty

teambawmteambawm Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
For those who have passed the CHFI, what degree of difficulty would you rate the exam (i.e. - on a rating scale of 100, with 100 of 100 being totally devastatingly hard)?

No offense intended but compared with the CISSP and its 250 questions over six hours, 50 questions in two hours does not seem like a lot to have a fair sampling of your knowledge across the board for forensics unless the questions are extremely broad.

Just wondering ....

Comments

• keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If you've never been exposed to forensics, it's difficult enough. It's not quite as difficult as the CEH, but you'll need to know some pretty specific details about things most people never have to deal with, such as the specifics of 15 or so different file systems, where, when, how and how long data is stored on that file system, and lots more stuff. If you prepare well, it's certainly a managable exam. But don't think for one second that because one passed the CISSP , the CHFI will be easy. Comparing the CISSP to the CHFI is like comparing apples and oranges. The CISSP covers 10 domains across the information security indurstry. Forensics covers ONE topic. Forensics. And goes much deeper in that area than any one area you saw on the CISSP

Good luck, as I said, if you prepare well, you'll be fine.

Keatron.
  • teambawmteambawm Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the reality check. Yah - CISSP is a mile wide and an inch deep; sounds like the CHFI is a mile deep and a foot wide.

... and that is why you are the Great Keatron!

Cheers and thank you!!!
  • sexion8sexion8 Member Posts: 242
    teambawm wrote:
    For those who have passed the CHFI, what degree of difficulty would you rate the exam (i.e. - on a rating scale of 100, with 100 of 100 being totally devastatingly hard)?

No offense intended but compared with the CISSP and its 250 questions over six hours, 50 questions in two hours does not seem like a lot to have a fair sampling of your knowledge across the board for forensics unless the questions are extremely broad.

Just wondering ....

Assuming you have enough experience with laws, the exam was disappointing. I was disappointed in the content, disappointed in its structure, disappointed in the bootcamp I took:

24 minutes ... Skimmed through the exam since I was in a rush to get home from another state. Didn't even read the questions much, opting for answers (deductive reasoning)

//

Thank you for using Prometric Prime Testing Systems. Below are the
    results of your recently attempted test:

=============================================
    Name: xxxxx xxxxx
    Name of candidates company (if provided):
    Student ID:
    Test Title: Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator v3
    Start time: x/xx/2008 12:39:41 PM (GMT-5:00) (cst)
    End time: x/xx/2008 1:03:55 PM (GMT-5:00) (cst)
    Passing Score: 70%
    Your Score: Pass - 73.5% (36.75 earned out of 50 possible)

Difference for me I guess is, I thought it would be more challenging. It was a combination of law, forensic tools, concepts, etc., if you're looking for true blue forensics recognition, go for the CCE

http://www.certified-computer-examiner.com/
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius