Question Regarding MCSE 2003 and MCITP 2008

straightedgepersianstraightedgepersian Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone I am new to the site!

I am currently debating if I should study the 2003 MCSE or take the Enterprise Administrator certification Path for MCITP 2008. My question is, if one passes the MCITP 2008 EA cert exams and gets the certification, will they be automatically certified for 2003 also? or do they need to also take the 2003 MCSE?

Comments

• dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    To certify for Win2003 you will need to complete the MCSE 2003 track, obtaining a MCITP in 2008 will only certify you for that product
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • straightedgepersianstraightedgepersian Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dave0212 wrote:
    To certify for Win2003 you will need to complete the MCSE 2003 track, obtaining a MCITP in 2008 will only certify you for that product

what i mean is that will studying for the 2008 track.. give me knowledge to be able to admin 2003 boxes?
  • dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    To a point yes it will, but has I haven't studied for the 2008 track I am not sure if it will provide enough knowledge to support all aspects of the system.
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • straightedgepersianstraightedgepersian Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dave0212 wrote:
    To a point yes it will, but has I haven't studied for the 2008 track I am not sure if it will provide enough knowledge to support all aspects of the system.
    ]

darn that means i have to study both certs over time! haha
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There's going to be a lot of overlap between the two, so whichever one you do second will be significantly easier than the one you do first.