Questions about the Welcome Kits

I ordered the Welcome Kits today.

I ordered two kits:

-MCP Welcome Kit
-MSCA on Windows 2003 Welcome Kit

Does anybody know what comes with the MCSA on Windows 2003 Welcome Kit?

When should I expect the kits to arrive? (I live in Canada)

Comments

• undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    It took a while for my Welcome Kit to arrive. I just got it yesterday actually. Mine just had a certificate and ID card in it. Looks like the MCSA ID card supercedes the MCP welcome card because for me at least it mentions both certifications.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    undomiel wrote:
    It took a while for my Welcome Kit to arrive. I just got it yesterday actually. Mine just had a certificate and ID card in it. Looks like the MCSA ID card supercedes the MCP welcome card because for me at least it mentions both certifications.

I wonder how they're going to do my cards regarding my MCTS. It'll be interesting to see if they put everything on one card, or if they keep the old certifications separate from the new.

Does anyone actually carry these things with them? Have you ever been required to prove you were certified?

Ok, so that did happen to me once, but it was only for a free shirt at an MS convention. I hadn't done any of my tests yet, but I told them I was studying for them, and they gave me a shirt anyway. Things like that really undermine the prestige of carrying these cards. icon_lol.gif
    I have my Microsoft card and both of my CompTIA cards with me! I carry them in my wallet at all times just in case I driving along and I see a three server pile-up along side the road so that I can skid to halt and jump out running towards the scene screaming, "Step aside! I am certified!" while whipping out my ID cards.

The chicks will be so all over me.
    Oh yeah and to answer the original question, I had to prove to my first job that I was either A+ or MCSE certified. Since they paid for my A+ that was all I had to do, which was bring in a receipt for the test.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Also, I just saw this, but does anyone ever look at your member benefits? They currently have a special for 10% off CBT Nuggets. I should pay more attention to those; I think that's the first time I looked at them since I became an MCP.
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I noticed the 10% off CBT Nuggets offer pretty quickly. I haven't used any of the other offers.

I'm still waiting on my MCSA welcome kit. 3 weeks and counting.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Quick update - my MCSA welcome kit was in my mailbox when I got home last night.
    Contents: 1 certificate, 1 wallet card.
    Delivery time: 3 weeks.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mine took about two weeks once ordered.

The Wallet card that came with my MCSE had on it:

MCTS MCITP MCP MCSA

It was the blue wallet card.

Which reminds me, if someone took just 620 and 622, they would get a million certificates.

MCP, MCTS, MCTS:Vista Config, MCITP, MCITP:EST

5 Certificates for two tests, insane....... so 620 and 622 for those 5, and 270, 290, 291, Sec+ just for MCSA, dang.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Tyrant1919 wrote:
    Which reminds me, if someone took just 620 and 622, they would get a million certificates.

MCP, MCTS, MCTS:Vista Config, MCITP, MCITP:EST

5 Certificates for two tests, insane.......
    Nah, MCTS & MCTS:Vista Config are the same thing as are the "two" MCITP ones. You only get the MCTS or MCITP once, after that all you are doing is essentially adding new specializations - or at least thats how it shows up on my transcript.
  • Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Essentially, but you still get a welcome kit for each one. 5 welcome kits for only two tests.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • ziglaretziglaret Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, I've just received my MCTS/MCP Welcome Kits. But I don't get any MCP ID Card enclosed to it. Do anyone could help or give any advices to me?
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    Remember, if you just passed the 70-620 and no other Microsoft Certification you are a Microsoft Certified Professional, however, your are not a certified MCP. It is not the same. It is confusing but well discussed and documented in another post.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • ziglaretziglaret Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, that's true. Actually MCP is an old credential certfication from Microsoft, and MCTS is a new credential one. In some Microsoft Forum, people say that after you passed Microsoft Exam, you could get MCP ID Card, includes MCTS exam. Well, I don't know what's wrong about this, I've just send an e-mail about this issue to MCP Regional Service. Hope could find some answers from them.
  • GundamtdkGundamtdk Member Posts: 210
    Well I checked the order and the kits where shipped out on June 28th.

I should be looking for them in the next 2 weeks.
    I received my Welcome kit in the mail

I didn't get two just one Welcome kit.

This is what I got:

- The Welcome Kit folder in shrink wrap
    - MCP MCSA card
    - Microsoft Certification of Excellence for MCP
    - MCP Welcome Letter

I thought I was suppose to also get a MCSA Certification as well?

Where is my discount on Microsoft products?
    Maybe the other kit is still en route?
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    I got two welcome kit's last week and they included what you got....But I also got a small blue flyer that says i get 20% off any orders at the MCPeStore using a certain code.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
    I checked the mail today Monday I got my second Microsoft Kit.

It is the same as the MCP Welcome kit except it has the MCSA certificate.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Gundamtdk wrote:
    Where is my discount on Microsoft products?

I sent you a PM.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)