Options

Just Starting - Which materials are best...

tgriffintgriffin Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Which materials are best to get an A+ Certification?

I will be doing this at home, not in the classroom so if there are lab books, etc you recommend, please let me know! Is the CD ROM Myers course worth it?

All Advise is appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi there, for my A+ i used the mike meyers all-in-one book alongside the technotes from this site, also the sybex book is thought to be very good, dont forget to download a copy of the objectives
    hope that helps

carl icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    tgriffintgriffin Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    the objective sheets I downloaded were for 2006, is that correct? Their from the CompTIA site, I assume they are correct.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    tgriffin wrote:
    Which materials are best to get an A+ Certification?

I will be doing this at home, not in the classroom so if there are lab books, etc you recommend, please let me know! Is the CD ROM Myers course worth it?

All Advise is appreciated!

1. Experience
    2. Objectives
    3. Experience
    4. Meyers/Sybex or both
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    LifelongLearnerLifelongLearner Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When I started in IT, because I didn't know what the inside of a computer looked like, I bought myself a book and a CBT. If you don't have any experience I recommend the same. Most exams that I study for now I buy a book or two and also use the free resources on the web.

The information in techexams.net is priceless so use it for your studies along with your book.