Options

Horray for another Prometric Test Center!

brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
So I go down to my nearest prometric test center to take 70-621...im sick of reading the material and just want it to be over. I get there about 45 minutes early, go inside...and what do you know, their internet is out. After the proctor spent about 20 minutes on the phone with someone, she tells me their modem is fried. I say..."well, ok, what time will it be fixed and I'll just come back?" She responds, it wont be until Monday. Ok, fine...can I come take it Monday evening at 5:00? Of course not, the rooms wont be available all next week!

A month ago, I went in to the same test center to take 431, and what do you know...none of the simulations work.

Needless to say I have no reason to ever go back to this test center. I'll drive the extra 5 miles to the next one. In addition, I'm done with prometric testing until another one is required of me. The next test I take will be security+ with vue.

Hopefully I can get this one behind me on Monday at the other center.

Comments

• Options
    PrometricPrometric Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Everyone wants more of me. What can I say? I'm THAT sexy! :D
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    brad- wrote:
    So I go down to my nearest prometric test center to take 70-621...im sick of reading the material and just want it to be over. I get there about 45 minutes early, go inside...and what do you know, their internet is out. After the proctor spent about 20 minutes on the phone with someone, she tells me their modem is fried. I say..."well, ok, what time will it be fixed and I'll just come back?" She responds, it wont be until Monday. Ok, fine...can I come take it Monday evening at 5:00? Of course not, the rooms wont be available all next week!

A month ago, I went in to the same test center to take 431, and what do you know...none of the simulations work.

Needless to say I have no reason to ever go back to this test center. I'll drive the extra 5 miles to the next one. In addition, I'm done with prometric testing until another one is required of me. The next test I take will be security+ with vue.

Hopefully I can get this one behind me on Monday at the other center.

So far I have taken 2 MS exams at Prometric (I use to use Vue alot) and I've had nothing but bad experiences. The first time the exam didn't work, I had to wait 2 hours for them to download the whole exam again. And the second time, Prometric messed up and didn't transfer my exam pass to Microsoft, MS is currently sorting it out.

I only have 1 more exam before I get my MCITP: EA, once I pass that, I'm not going to do any more MS exams (or any other exam that requires Prometric) for:

1. A long time (until Windows 7 gets released in 2010* approx) or
    2. Until MS starts using Vue again.

-Ken
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    No Exchange, Sharepoint, SQL, etc.?

My time with them is coming to an end as well. I'll probably do 236 after I upgrade to MCITP: EA, and I'll retake 652 (Hyper-V) if I didn't pass the beta. Everything else I'm looking at is either exclusive to Vue (Cisco/VMWare), or offered at both (CWNA/CWSP). They won't be missed; that's for sure.