Someone ever got 1000/1000 on a Microsoft exam ?

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
Just wondering .. I managed it once years back and people kept telling me I was using braindumps which I hated to death because I never even touched them .....
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    I got it on a ws2008 exam. I would think people saying it's not possible either don't study much or haven't taken the exams. They're not that hard. If you study rigorously, it shouldn't be hard to pass, much less get a perfect score.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Ignore those people. Jealous or just shocked. Its perfectly possible to score 100% on exams without resorting to cheating.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    tiersten wrote:
    Ignore those people. Jealous or just shocked. Its perfectly possible to score 100% on exams without resorting to cheating.

Yea - I ignore them anyway.... just bothers me sometimes

What REALLY bothers me is not knowing what you've got wrong in a Microsoft exam .. According to my score I had ONE question wrong in my hosting exam (70-501) and it still bothers the hell out of me that I don't know which question it was .
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think I'd be more suspicious if someone got them consistently. It's hard not to miss a question or two just because you read something wrong, etc. I might just be saying that because I'm bitter that I've never gotten one though icon_evil.gif

I would also appreciate a chance to review my answers. However, I can see why they don't. I hear you get a lot of the same questions if you have to retake the exam, so they probably don't want people just memorizing the answers. It would be a nice perk upon a pass though.
    dynamik wrote:
    However, I can see why they don't. I hear you get a lot of the same questions if you have to retake the exam, so they probably don't want people just memorizing the answers. It would be a nice perk upon a pass though.

Very true .. actually ..
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    dynamik wrote:
    I would also appreciate a chance to review my answers.

In the microsoft exams, you get a chance to review questions before you end the exam. It's a nice change from cisco being able to finish your exam and double-check everything.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think you missed what he said earlier. We're talking about being able to see which ones we got wrong.

Just for the record, I don't review. I am terrible about second guessing myself. Once I decide on an answer, it sticks!
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    I completely understand. I only go back and answer ones that I did not answer the first time. If I start looking at all the questions I start changing right answers to wrong.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • LifelongLearnerLifelongLearner Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nope I never managed it. But congrats that you did!! I usually score high on my exams, but never have got a perfect score. This isn't to say that I"ve never failed an exam either, but the second time around I do reach a high score.
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I got a 1000/1000 on two of the four CCNP exams and people accused me of brain dumping so I schooled them until they shut up. People always want to attack high scorers. It happens in grade school, middle school, high school, college, and the professional world.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Paul Boz wrote:
    I got a 1000/1000 on two of the four CCNP exams and people accused me of brain dumping so I schooled them until they shut up. People always want to attack high scorers. It happens in grade school, middle school, high school, college, and the professional world.
    plus1.gif
    @ dynamik : Same here - I would rather change right to wrong - did it in school often enough ... never done it since (school ... can hardly remember that time lol)

@ goforthbmerry : I NEVER not answer any questions .. I had to learn it the hard way. In one exam I marked some questions to review and FORGOT that I had some open questions and failed because I had a couple of questions not answered and some obviously wrong. Another time I run out of time and had to race through my unanswered questions .. I rather make 'a' tick JUST in case the time runs out and then I rather take my chances.

@ Paul Boz : This is one reason I rather don't tell anybody .. Especially in my case. I am bitching hard at work when people using brain **** as "study help" as I HATE them .. They should be banned from this planet .. And when you get 1000 / 1000 and officially hate brain **** - imagine the response
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've come close. I interviewed a guy who got 1000/1000 on his whole mcse track, but he went to a braindump boot camp.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
    Isn't Microsoft investigating of some sort if someone gets 1000/1000 on all exams in a short period of time ?
  • LifelongLearnerLifelongLearner Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    I think I'd be more suspicious if someone got them consistently.

I definately agree with this. So don't worry about what others think. Unfortunately these braindumpers wreck alot of good things for all of us. icon_evil.gif
  • EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    I think I'd be more suspicious if someone got them consistently.

I definitely agree with this. So don't worry about what others think. Unfortunately these braindumpers wreck alot of good things for all of us. icon_evil.gif

Dynamik nailed it. I've gotten within 15 points of a perfect score on the 70-290, so I don't think it's odd whatsoever.

Just ignore them and continue on your track. As someone stated earlier in the thread, people love to beat down those who do better than them.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Paul Boz wrote:

It is always easier to be jealous of someone who works hard, rather than studying your butt off and doing it yourself! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

I don't understand why people think 1000/1000 is something to brag about. It simply means you studied longer than you needed to.
    Good luck to all!
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    HeroPsycho wrote:
    I don't understand why people think 1000/1000 is something to brag about. It simply means you studied longer than you needed to.
    You're studying to get the certificate but you should know it to actually do the job.
    I passed the 70-640 with almost 1000/1000 and go for to the 70-113 (same but performance based) pilot exam .. that'll teach them LOL ... or that'll embarass me ROFL
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    tiersten wrote:
    You're studying to get the certificate but you should know it to actually do the job.

Right, study to know the product. Don't study to score a perfect 1000 on the exam. I could get a 700 or a 1000, that's irrelevant. What's important is know the product, and then pass the exam.
    Good luck to all!
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree the old term "paper tiger"