I've passed 70-270,290- Now A+....

gregrnelgregrnel Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
I used MS Press plus Transcender for my MS exams, should I do the same for A+, or is Transcender overkill for these exams? CompTIA press is probably the way to go for books? I don't want to continue along with my MCSA--->MCSE right now because I am not in the industry and do not have access to a network. So I'm thinking A+, Network+, Security+, would help my resume. Also, I do have a fair amount of experience building machnes.

Thanks!

Comments

• jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    A+ should not be too hard for you!

Use the press book if you feel comfortable with it, use the Tech Notes on this forum and maybe Transcenders practice exams as well.

Mike Meyers has an All-In-One A+ Certification book that is really good as well (I used it).

Good luck :)
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • LifelongLearnerLifelongLearner Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No Transcender isn't overkill LOL. Although the A+ can be considered 'easier' than other exams (CCNA, MCSA etc) there is still much to know to pass. So any good practice exams you can get your hands on will benefit you.

The Mike Meyers book is great. Sybex is too. If you aren't sure which book exactly to buy, look in amazon for reviews. icon_lol.gif
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    How would it be overkill? Are you worried about learning the material too well or being too prepared? ;)

I like them, but they're not necessary by any means. If you're tight on cash, you can make your own note cards, etc. I'm lazy and hate doing that, so I just go with practice tests.