Options

Inquire about getting C,C++ and C# certified on my own.

Foxhound4206Foxhound4206 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been looking around on my free time on how to get those certifications without going to a campus or university and havnt had too much luck. I want to (i dont know if this is possible) get the "teach yourself" discs/books and certify myself on my own time. If thats not possible where is an online resource that i can use to GET certified?

Any and ALL help is appreciated ^_^

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Certifications in programming are by vendors, which currently is Sun Microsystems for Java and Microsoft for Visual C++, C#, and Visual Basic 2005. We have forums for both cert vendors:

Microsoft Developers Certifications

Java Certifications
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I can recommend some books, aside from the specific certification guides, but the best way for you to get off the ground and learn is to find what resource will work best for you. For me, the Wrox and Microsoft Step by Step series are both excellent for learning software development. The way I found that out, much like how I found out what sysadmin and networking books were worth my while, was to go to a bookstore and look. I'd get myself a cup of coffee, a stack of books on the subject I was researching, then I'd go find a comfortable chair and start paging through each book until I found one that was easy to understand for me. Sometimes it was the same book or from the same series of books that people had recommended, sometimes it wasn't, but the most important thing I figured out was which books worked for me. The same is true for online resources, try them out until you figure out which site or piece of training material helps you the most effectively.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.