i.t job interview question

sotheara82sotheara82 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
i was wonder do anyone know about the i.t question interview when they the Inteverviewver ask. I just want to expect what all the technical question most of the time when they ask or what they want to know from When they ASK. Thanks.
THANKS FOR YOU TIME. ::D

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • sotheara82sotheara82 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the List.have a good day.
    THANKS FOR YOU TIME. ::D
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Here's the other part I forgot: http://www.trainsignaltraining.com/job-interview-tips/2008-06-18/

That has some good tips as well.

Good luck! :D
  • bleScreenedbleScreened Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sotheara82 wrote:
    i was wonder do anyone know about the i.t question interview when they the Inteverviewver ask. I just want to expect what all the technical question most of the time when they ask or what they want to know from When they ASK. Thanks.

I have been asked many different kinds of quesitons. It depends on what kind of position you are going for. Since this is the A+ forum I am assuming helpdesk entry level.

Back in those days I was asked:

What is DHCP
    What IRQ does this device use
    How would you enable a workstation to automatically password protect/lock after a certain amount of time
    Describe DNS
    identify this box of random computer parts*
    Describe ping
    What would be your first steps if someone called you and said that their PC won't turn on
    What is lotus notes
    What does it mean when a PC gets an IP of 169.x.x.x

That's just a few that I can remember off the top of my head.

*Since then I have been the one giving out the box of computer parts. I encourage everyone to do this that is able to be involved in hiring. Not only is it a good indicator of those with embellished resumes, but it is pure comedy. One lady boasted about her 10+ years in the IT industry and identified a stick of RAM as a hard drive. She was interviewing for a PC support position where pulling HDDs and RAM was an everyday occurrence, so we weren't being overly hard on her.
    Working on MCSE 2003 and B.S. in Networking
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nowadays if your a technician, this is what I would think that would be asked:

What is UNC?
    What is NSLOOKUP
    What is the difference b/w static and dynaMIK IP address

Well just add this thing to your knowledge.