i wanna know if i could get a job with CWNA

rarunpararunpa Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
i am planning to write CWNA certification and i am preparing for it

i am Btech electronic and communication graduate like to know if i could get a job just with CWNA certification .this is my first certification

recommend are accepted how can i proceed form there have to complete ccna r can i do cwsp

i was also preparing for ccna but though of writing ths first.
Arun Prasad

Comments

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sure CWNA can help you get a job, but like most other certifications there are no guarantees. And which certification should you work on next? That is entirely up to you. I think CCNA would be a natural choice though.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Then add the new CCNA: Wireless on to that.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Search all the top job boards (dice.com, monster.com, hotjobs.com, etc.) with the keyword CWNA. Then try the same search with CWSP and see how many job postings are interested in wireless security. You might try going for the CWSP cert as well, but only after you get the CCNA. Then it will be on to CCNA Wireless for you.
  • rarunpararunpa Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi thank you for guys

and sorry for asking but where can i find model questions of CWNA

thank you again
    Arun Prasad
    The CWNP sells an online practice exam for the CWNA that is similar to the actual exam in content and style.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Transcender has one too, and it's really helped pound the material into my head. I have retained less from that book than any other I've read. I'd really be struggling without something like that.
  • rarunpararunpa Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thank u all icon_lol.gif
    Arun Prasad
  • ats314ats314 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i'm trying to sort out the differences between a CWNA, a CCNA:Wireless and something like the CWLAT. All of these seem to share many of the same topics, especially the Cisco degrees. At first I was going to go CCENT to CCNA to CCDA to Advance Wireless LAN design, but now with the CCNA:Wireless, I'm not really sure. Is the CCNA:Wireless meant to be a step between the CCNA and Advanced Wireless LAN design?
    The big difference is that the CWNA is vendor-independent with no specific products in mind, while the others are by Cisco for Cisco products only.
  • ats314ats314 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote:
    The big difference is that the CWNA is vendor-independent with no specific products in mind, while the others are by Cisco for Cisco products only.

ok, so here's what I understand at this point. The only wireless certs Cisco offers at this point is the Advanced Wireless Specialty Certs (Design, Field, Sales) and the new CCNA:Wireless, which is an entry level wireless cert. The CWNA is also relatively entry level but uses any vendor and not just Cisco. The CWNP is a professional wireless cert, again not vendor specific.

My overall goal is wireless design, so a CWNP or Advanced Wireless Design Cert seems like a good goal. However, with the addition of the CCNA:Wireless, does that mean we are soon going to see a CCNP:Wirelss and CCIE:Wireless? Possibly even CCDP:Wireless and CCSP:Wireless. Is a CCIE:Wireless going to make a CWNP obsolete?
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    ats314 wrote:
    Is a CCIE:Wireless going to make a CWNP obsolete?
    I doubt it as stated above CWNP is vendor neutral while cisco is obviously cisco specific, now which one will be "worth" more to have is a different story and only time will tell

I've been interested in obtaining some wireless certs and I think since i'm not working specifically with cisco wireless gear a vendor neutral approach over the ccna: wireless would benefit me a lot more
    WIP: IPS exam
    ats314 wrote:
    However, with the addition of the CCNA:Wireless, does that mean we are soon going to see a CCNP:Wirelss and CCIE:Wireless? Possibly even CCDP:Wireless and CCSP:Wireless.
    You'll need to ask these questions over in our Cisco forums.
    ats314 wrote:
    Is a CCIE:Wireless going to make a CWNP obsolete?
    No, because the Cisco certs will not cover the many aspects of wireless technology that are not utilized by Cisco products, but are covered by the CWNP certs. And there will always be people looking for alternatives to Cisco for everything.