Quesiton

How long are these certifications valid before you have to renew?

Comments

• nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    I'm pretty sure they last forever (i.e. till support stops for the product)
    WIP: IPS exam
  • dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    nicklauscombs is correct.

They last until the support for the product ends. Although they should always show the exam pass on your transcript.

From MCITP MS page

"This certification will retire when Microsoft discontinues mainstream support for the related technology."
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MCTS does not expire. MCITP expires when the "mainstream support" ends for a product. They do not last through the "extended support" phase.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    royal wrote:
    MCTS does not expire. MCITP expires when the "mainstream support" ends for a product. They do not last through the "extended support" phase.

Sorry mate:
    Microsoft wrote:
    Your MCTS, MCITP, or MCPD certifications will retire when Microsoft discontinues mainstream support for the related technology. Typically, mainstream support is discontinued 7 to 10 years after the initial product release. When support ends, your related certification will retire.

See here.

Originally the MCTS was valid until mainstream support ended, and the MCITP had to be renewed every 3 years, MS changed this policy so that both the MCTS and the MCITP had the same policy.

-Ken