2nd time's the charm

cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
Passed today with a 907. I did have a sneak peek at the exam so that helped. By that, I am referring to the 667 I put up on 6/30. I felt the same after each test but I had less confusion over some of the ambiguously worded questions. I was able to find the answer to every question I had by rereading MS Press book after my fail. Some of the answers were buried or mentioned in one sentence, but they were there.

I had 8 sims the first attempt and 4 this time, I am unsure if they vary from test to test or if they changed the test again. In my previous MS tests I have always had exactly the amount of sims that others had. I did have one "Troubleshooting" sim, which was unique and exciting. It game me symptoms of a problem and I had to poke around to find the answer to the question. I thought that was a cool sim and an accurate test of abilities.

All together, I know now that I prepared for this test incorrectly the first time. Even if I am unclear on the exact answer I am usually able to find the wrong answers and work my way through the problem. I added more of the COMPTIA style i.e. Memorizing definitions and exact menu syntax and I feel that helped me knock it off the list this time around. Don't get me wrong, you need both styles (theory and logic) and (definitions and syntax) to get by the new version of this test.
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.

Comments

• MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ha! You did so much better than I on the second time. Should I be sad to hear that?

Good job switching up your learning style. That was pretty smart and it shows. Congrats.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    My respect for this test has changed since the first time. My emotions were obviously driving my views of this test earlier, but now that I can relax and look at it, I think it is a better designed test than I gave it credit for. I really feel that if I stare at a question in the 2003 track long enough I can work out the answer, but there are certain questions on this test where that is simply not the case. I like the mix, I think I am more rounded because of it. Or it could just be because I had to study twice for this test :P
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats buddy!

So you just have your design exam left for the MCSE, right?

I can't remember, did you decide on 297 or 298?
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    I am following in the footprints of this crazy friend I have. I am planning on taking the 298 & 299 on the same day sometime in September.