Options

Teare Book vs. Bruno/Jordan Book (just comparing!)

darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
Not looking to see which is better, just want a comparison.

The immediate question I have is for anyone who's read the Bruno/Jordan CCDA book:

Does the Bruno book include tons of questions to ask customers when identifying network requirements? The Teare book basically gives you everything you'd need, so I'm wondering if the Bruno book does as well. I might buy it to combine the best of both into documents I'm creating.

Comments

• Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    darkerosxx wrote:
    Not looking to see which is better, just want a comparison.

The immediate question I have is for anyone who's read the Bruno/Jordan CCDA book:

Does the Bruno book include tons of questions to ask customers when identifying network requirements? The Teare book basically gives you everything you'd need, so I'm wondering if the Bruno book does as well. I might buy it to combine the best of both into documents I'm creating.

The Bruno / Jordan book is very to the point and is not as detailed in some areas as the Teare book.

I used both books for study prep and I do think you need both to fill in any gaps the other leave out depending on your network design exp or if you have the NP

A good thing about the Bruno / Jordan is the companion CD ROM with pratice questions. No CD included with Teare book but saying that, no case study's included in Bruno / Jordan book.

If you mean at the PPDIOO model section "gathering section requirements" then the answer is no. It just really explains what each process in the model is used for in a straight up factual way and is fairly light in comparison to the Teare book for this particular section.

I the Bruno / Jordan is a decent book overall, maybe just a little light in some areas as a single study source.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    That does help, thanks for the info!