Options

602...603?

AJJ28AJJ28 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I was just wondering if it was better to take 602 or 603 next. Eventually I would like to work as a sys admin (many moons from now....I know) so I thought maybe 603 because it sounded like networking would be a bit more prevalent.

Anyway,I was just wondering what everyone thought. Thanks for any advice received.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    What sort of work do you do? That will determine your path.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    I would like to become a system administrator one day and was wondering what course would be best. At the moment I do hardware and software repair.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I would probably skip A+ if you want to be System Admin. Why not shoot for the MS exams that apply and even the NET+. Not to discount the A+, but I know several people who saught out administrative support roles and never bothered with A+.

It won't hurt you to know more about hardware, but it won't put you closer to that goal.
    I would start here: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst/default.mspx

Unless you have a need to have a hardware background. Are you doing remote support now? If not, then I'd probably shy away from 603 and 604 and go with 602.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Thanks I appreciate the advice. I wish I hadn't ordered the books now! :) I will just knock it out and then press on with bigger and better things.
  • Options
    ken.perez.8541ken.perez.8541 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It really depends on what you do or want to do. 602 is the stndard path that most people choose. 603 and 604 are more of specilized paths. Although IMHO 604 was by far the easiest. Not that any of the A+ exams were exceptionally hard. I would recommend that you take 602, unless your employer wants you to have 603 or 604. I took all 3 because my employer paid for them.
    A+ IT Technician, A+ Depot Technician, A+ Remote Support Technician, Network+, Security+, Server+

WIP: CCNA, CWNA