Options

Regarding Cisco tests

jayman47jayman47 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
A while ago on my CCSP track the testcenter had installed a webcam.New rules from Cisco.Needed picture and i had to sign my name on an electronic pad(Like the ones in banks).I was the first one at that testcenter they said.New practise from Cisco they said.I'm currious.Perhaps they want to check if i'm to uggly for a Cisco cert.Like some airliners do with flightattendants icon_eek.gif

Comments

• Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hmm, I just took a CCNP test yesterday and only had to show them two forms of ID and sign a piece of paper.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    some test centers have implemented this
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    I know jimmipizzle83.Perhaps its just a CCSP thing.Get susspicious though.
  • Options
    Thanks nicklauscombs.Had never heard about it before and the testcenter couldn't answer either.
  • Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Its been slowing happening for about a year now. The idea is to stop 'proxy' takers (taking the exam for someone else). Some centers are taking longer than others to change, but eventually it will be the standard.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They're probably going for **** providers as well. My VCP instructor said that a company flew him out to Phoenix for a job interview. When he got there, they told him they wanted him to fail each exam ten times and mumble the questions and answers into a microphone. It's amazing things like that are allowed to happen. You think that type of behavior would raise a few red flags. Needless to say, he declined.

I wish they'd just start fingerprinting, retinal scanning, etc. We don't have any privacy anymore anyway. I'd rather just accept and embrace that and at least make things convenient for myself icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    FattyAcidFattyAcid Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jayman47 wrote:
    A while ago on my CCSP track the testcenter had installed a webcam.New rules from Cisco.Needed picture and i had to sign my name on an electronic pad(Like the ones in banks).I was the first one at that testcenter they said.New practise from Cisco they said.I'm currious.Perhaps they want to check if i'm to uggly for a Cisco cert.Like some airliners do with flightattendants icon_eek.gif

When I took my CCNP tests the test center I went to had just starting doing this (photos and electronic signatures). The camera stopped functioning for a while and they didn't take my photo for the BCSMN and ISCW tests. The test center lady said the cameras, which were just rinky dink Logitech USB cameras, were provided by Pearson Vue, and they couldn't go get a replacement themselves. They had to wait for Pearson Vue to ship them one.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    The testing center where I took the beta exams for the MCSD for Visual Studio 6 Visual Basic (back in 1998, I think) had CCTV cameras in the testing room. Behind the main reception desk were four, small B&W monitors that showed quite clearly that the testing room was being monitored. The only problem was that the monitors were also placed behind the receptionist; she could either work at her desk, or watch the cameras, but not both (there didn't seem to be any recording equipment). I assumed the cameras were just to meet a stipulation by an exam vendor.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My testing center has security cameras. The receptionist can pull them up on her pc, but I'm pretty sure that's common practice.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    CGN_SpecCGN_Spec Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am taking the BCMSN on Friday, I will see if I have the same experience!
  • Options
    joicejoice Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Certification is difficult! I insist on passing
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote:
    The testing center where I took the beta exams for the MCSD for Visual Studio 6 Visual Basic (back in 1998, I think) had CCTV cameras in the testing room. Behind the main reception desk were four, small B&W monitors that showed quite clearly that the testing room was being monitored. The only problem was that the monitors were also placed behind the receptionist; she could either work at her desk, or watch the cameras, but not both (there didn't seem to be any recording equipment). I assumed the cameras were just to meet a stipulation by an exam vendor.

That's the way it has been to the three different places I have tested at. Although the one I have gone to for the past two tests has been the most lax. I went to it three times (since I failed one test once) and every time I end my test I walk out of the room and there isn't anyone in sight. I usually have to end up walking around the office to find someone when I am done.

Haven't had the picture take yet though. Still just the two IDs and sign a paper.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    joice wrote:
    Certification is difficult! I insist on passing
    LifelongLearnerLifelongLearner Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jayman47 wrote:

LOL :D:D:D I laughed hard at that. No you are not ugly and it's the new policy of Cisco to do stuff like that.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Our Prometric center here even records sounds and you have to sign that this is ok :)
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p