VLSM and Sybex

jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
Just wanted to get your guys opinions on something. I've been struggling with VLSM for a couple of days and wanted to know what you guys thought about the Sybex way of doing it. Lammle had me confused for a little bit but after I learned the procedure it was a piece of cake. Is it really as easy as Lammle explains?

Comments

• laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    short answer is .... yes....

long as you can work out and understand what your doing then your on the right track
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    There is generally more than 1 way to do things.. and whatever way you find the easiest for you is the BEST way.. no matter if that way gets criticism or not (a lot of elitist jerk's like to dog on people for using alternate or "easier" ways to do things)
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    You're right Plazma, I was reading four or five different sites and then I went back to Lammles and said, "read it slowly" and it sort of clicked. It's so easy to understand now.
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    "read it slowly" and it sort of clicked. It's so easy to understand now.

thats exactly it..... read it... digest it... and then when it clicks into place you know it.... and suddenly its all so easy....... ish

or at least it makes sense...... icon_smile.gif

i know several ways to calculate sub-nets some i find easy and can calculate quite happuly in my head... others i need to write it down so i can see it.....

like i said long as it makes sense to you and it works then your on the right track...
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)