Options

70-290 & 70-291

KatanaSamKatanaSam Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Is there a good reason why a person should take the 70-290 before the 70-291 or does it matter which order you do them in? I have the MS 70-291 book now and have started reading it but have yet to obtain the 70-290 book.

I'm taking the server core exams first as I've been told the client core exam may have some questions for which a good understanding of the server side would help. Has anyone experienced this?

Comments

• Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    I'm working on the client exam (sitting 8/12) and i am glad that I installed 2003 Server to help grasp some domain concepts. From what I understand there shouldnt be anything 2003 specific on it-- after all, the WinXP client exam is good also for MCSE 2000.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    BulletToothTonyBulletToothTony Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Alright Lazy, glad to see your sitting on the 12th, I am sitting on the 17th. Would you mind if I picked your brain after the exam, I mean after you got your MCP!!!!!!!!

Good luck
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    KatanaSam:

I would do 70-270, 70-290, 70-291 in that order....I started my 70-290 and it looks easy (stopped reading it b/c of CCNA)... 70-291 you have alot of different things going on...not only maintaing an enviroment but implementing and Managing also....I think I would save that one for last...
  • Options
    kAll3kAll3 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I regon that if you allready have the skills for 70-291 goahead cos the most asked topic will be about DNS for areason in 70-291 and in 70-291 the weight is in administrating the AD witch is "married"
    to DNS anyways...

Thou the 70-290 is more of admistrating the AD / 2003 server and is "easier" for most with real life experience and some studies (taken and passed that exam)

And 70-291 is more infrastructure and is a lot harder and wider than the first network exam ...

Anyways these are just opinions and the best way to see where your going is to spar with practice exams and spar more , and a few times more and from there you´ll know when your ready for the real thing and get the info where to develob your skill furder...

ps. Good luck on your test in the future (if luck is needed at all icon_wink.gif)